Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2061 Discussions

driver for rst vmd controller

AdeelK
Beginner

Hi,

I formatted my machine and after formatting i am finding it difficult to install drivers for Intel RST VMD Managed Controller 09ab

Now it is showing up only as Standard NVM Express, on this I notice performance to be slow.

I tried drivers from Intel and from my Manufacturer. Intel ones say platform not supported.

See attached support info.

Let me know latest driver that will give performance.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Did you install the Chipset Device Software package before any other Intel package? If not, go back and do it now. This may alleviate parts of your problem.
...S
0 Kudos
AdeelK
Beginner

Hi,

Yes i installed chipset software.

Regards.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @AdeelK

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

Thanks to @n_scott_pearson for your help resolving this issue.

Please check the information in this article, which can be helpful for you: - Installing Intel® RST VMD Controller (9A0B) vs. Intel® RST VMD Managed Controller (09AB)

Resolution

In the latest Intel platforms, Intel® Volume Management Device (Intel® VMD) is used to manage storage devices with the Intel® RST software.

The Intel VMD hardware generates 'dummy' devices for multi-function devices when mapped, these functions may be visible to the Windows® operating system.

The correct selection would be the 0x09AB as this will cover these devices and make sure there are no Yellow bands in the Device Manager for the dummy values.

Additional information

Intel® VMD is intended for VMD Platforms, which are supported only for Intel® 11th Generation platforms or newer

Also, if you’re looking for driver: Driver: 18.7.6.1010.3/Support for Microsoft Windows* 11 x64 OS

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
i_official_atul
Beginner

can you provide me IRST  V15.8.0.1006  VMDs

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello AdeelK.

We trust you are in good health.

Have you had a chance to review the previous post?

In the most recent Intel platforms, the Intel® Volume Management Device (Intel® VMD) is employed to oversee storage devices in conjunction with the Intel® RST software.

The Intel VMD hardware creates 'dummy' devices for multi-function devices when they are mapped. These functions might become visible to the Windows® operating system. Opting for the 0x09AB is the recommended selection, as it will encompass these devices and prevent any yellow indicators in the Device Manager for the dummy values.

Additional information:

• Intel® VMD is designed for VMD Platforms and is supported exclusively for Intel® 11th Generation platforms or newer.
  • If you are in need of the driver, it is labeled as Driver: 18.7.6.1010.3 and supports Microsoft Windows* 11 x64 OS.

Please let us know if you still require assistance. Otherwise, we will consider closing this thread.

Sincerely,

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello AdeelK

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos