oneAPI Registration, Download, Licensing and Installation
Support for Getting Started questions related to download, Installation and licensing for Intel oneAPI Toolkits and software development tools.
1258 Discussions

installation of more than one version of Intel parallel studio

Dhanraj_Rajaraman

Dear all, I am using a software called ABAQUS 2019 which uses intel parallel studio 2018 version to run FORTRAN subroutines. Now I would like to install an advanced version of ABAQUS 2020 or 2021 which uses Intel parallel studio 2019 or oneAPI tool kits to run the FOTRAN subroutine. Now my question is this. I do not want to remove the old ABAQUS version (and linked intel parallel studio 2018) and I want to install ABAQUS 2020 (and link it with Intel parallel studio 2019). For ABAQUS I do not face any problem to install a new version and keep the older version. but when I try to install newer Intel parallel studio 2019, it removes the older version that I have already linked with older ABAQUS version. Is it possible to install two different Intel parallel studio to have it linked with two different ABAQUS? Thanks a lot 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Dhanraj_Rajaraman,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Please know that installing two different versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE would work on two different directories. We have tested it and they are working fine. You may give it a try.

However, meanwhile, let me check on the query with my higher team. Please wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Dhanraj_Rajaraman,

Thanks for posting your concern on the forum. Please know that installing two different versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE would work on two different directories. We have tested it and they are working fine. You may give it a try.

However, meanwhile, let me check on the query with my higher team. Please wait for 2-3 business days. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Dhanraj_Rajaraman,

Thanks for your patience while we were checking with our internal team. You may try the previously mentioned way to install two different versions of Intel® Parallel Studio XE. However, we would recommend you check with Abaqus to link its two different versions to that of Intel® Parallel Studio XE. They will be able to assist you better regarding it.

Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Dhanraj_Rajaraman,

Please let us know if there are any other concerns.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi Dhanraj_Rajaraman,

I assume that your issue is resolved. However, if you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos