Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4800 Discussions

Xeon Gold 6242 CPU Manufacturing Question

Drewmich
Beginner

We are an HP-Dell dealer and have an urgent need for specific data about where this CPU is manufactured (Country of Origin-COO)

I had a large qty of these CPUs shipped to our warehouse in the US and Customs is trying to charge us a 25% excise tax when this CPU is exempt.

Customs will credit us the excise tax when we can supply either an official Intel doc showing the COO isn't China or a picture of the Intel OEM box label which would show the COO.  From Intel's documentation I can find - it was either manufactured in Malaysia or other countires and assembled in Mexico/US.

Any help is appreciated.  

If anyone knows a contact name -  number or email address within Intel to get this data from - I would really be in your debt.

Thanks  Andrew

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NormanS_Intel

Hello Drewmich,

Thank you for posting in our community!

I'd like to let you know that we have a dedicated forum that specializes in your area of inquiry. For this reason, I'll be transferring this thread to our Server Products forum to ensure you receive a prompt and specialized response.

Best regards,
Norman S.
Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi Drewmich,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for reaching out. As part of the server technical team, if you're in need of documents, I would recommend referring to the processor datasheet available on the Intel website.

Please do not hesitate in contact us, we are more than glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi Drewmich,

Hope you are doing well!

This is the first follow-up regarding the issue (Xeon Gold 6242 CPU Manufacturing Question) you reported to us.

We wanted to inquire whether you had the opportunity to review the plan of action (POA) we provided.

Feel free to reply to this email, and we'll be more than happy to assist you further.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi Drewmich,

Hope you are doing well!

This is the second follow-up regarding the reported issue. We're eager to ensure a swift resolution and would appreciate any updates or additional information you can provide.

Feel free to reply to this email, and we'll be more than happy to assist you further.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi Drewmich,

Hope you are doing well!

This is the third follow-up regarding the reported issue. We're committed to ensuring a swift resolution and would greatly appreciate any updates or additional information you can provide.

If we don't hear back from you soon, we'll assume the issue has been resolved and will proceed to close the case

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos