Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Help Required for loading graphics drivers for Acer Aspire Notebook

vishnukiran_gs
Beginner
Hi .... I have recently purchased Acer Aspire 5738 Notebook Laptop with Intel@core TM 2 Duo Processor T6400 (2.0 GHZ, 800 MHZ FSB),-- Intel @ GMA 4500 MHD,....15.6" HD LED LCD, ----3GB DDR3 Memory, --- 320 GB HDD ---- I have purchased it for my animation course but unfortunately i see that when i load maya 2008 with my VGA drivers it give some fatal error... removing the Intel VGA drivers it works but without proper VGA you can guess how it works, at times it even hangs too... The Drivers CD given by my laptop consists of Intel & Nvidea VGA Drivers, loading the Intel VGA drivers i face this problem... When i try for the other i.e Nvidea it says your system hardware does not support this drivers....Pls help me out with this problem & let me know the proper VGA drivers which support my config & software...Pls Note that I am Using Windows XP Proff as my OS...
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Philipp_G_Intel
Employee
Hello,

I would recommend:

1. Try to install Intel VGA driver from www.acer.com support site. If it will not fix the problem please:
2. Try to install latest Intel GMA driver from Intel Download Center http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?iid=subhdr+downloads. Please choose the proper driver for your graphics chipset from the list on the site.

Thanks,
Philipp
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

Hopefully Philipp's recommendations worked for you. Please respond to let us know if this helped or not.

Note that I've also changed the title to be more descriptive and moved this thread to a better forum for handling general questions regarding graphics configuration and graphics drivers, the User Community for Visual Computing -- the original forum you posted your question to is for users of the Intel Graphics Performance Analyzers software toolset.

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
vishnukiran_gs
Beginner

I could not get any solution for this problem...i got to hear that Intel Graphic Media Accelerator Driver version v15.10.1473 solves the problem when loaded with Vista64bit .....but unable to get v15.10.1473 drivers ... ? Pls let me know where i culd get this

0 Kudos
vishnukiran_gs
Beginner

I could not get any solution for this problem...i got to hear that Intel Graphic Media Accelerator Driver version v15.10.1473 solves the problem when loaded with Vista64bit .....but unable to get v15.10.1473 drivers ... ? Pls let me know where i culd get this

0 Kudos
ABHISHEK_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Vishnu,

Since you have mentioned that you are using XP OS, hence even if you find v15.10.1473 driver I am afraid it wont be of much use since it wont get install on XP OS.

With your earlier problem description it sounds like when you are trying to run Maya app your system throws some fatal error msg. It sounds like a Gfx driver issue. Can you please let us know what's exactly is that error msg? Does it cause hang or crash?

0 Kudos