Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

access violation

msaadatpour
Beginner

I am using "Intel Parallel Studio XE2011 with VS2010" to create the exe file with CE_QUAL-W2 (3.7). When the model dimension would be high (more computational elements), the exe file wouldn't be able to run the model and there is a message "Access violation", whereas, the exe file made by you is able to execute the high dimensional model. Do you know what the problem is? What should I do? The trial version of "visual studio ultimate 2010" and "w_fcompxe_novsshell_2011.4.196" are the programs which I am using.

Best Regards
M. Saadatpour

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rob5
New Contributor II

Thank you for using the Intel Parallel Studio forum. Can you provide additional information about the problem you are experiencing? What Intel tools you are using? Are you attempting to compile in different ways and / or using different compilers? Any additional information you can provide about the problem or what you wish to accomplish may help others in the forum understand the problem.

If you can let us know the version / patch level of the Intel tool(s) you are using along with the command line being ran that work versus the command line that result in unexpected behavior may help someone in the forum understand the issue and possibly provide assistance.

It is possible that if this is a compiler specific issue, more focused compiler help may be obtained from one of the compiler / operating system specific forums. A list of forums can be found at: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
You can dump the process's address space directly from windows task manager.Also you can use more appropriate tool which is named AD plus (shipped with windows debugging tools).Without the clear call stack data the offending functions cannot be located/seen.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Quoting msaadatpour
...there is a message "Access violation", whereas, the exe file made by you is able to execute the high dimensional model. Do you know what the problem is?

Sorry, but you need to provide more technical details.

What should I do?

Please see mystatement above.

Members of the Intel Software Network community will be glad to help you. Unfortunatley, we're not magicians andwe need more details.

Best regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
Windows probably created a minidump file containing offending process's address space and call stack without this file it is impossible to know exactly what has happend.
Please upload dump file.
0 Kudos