Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

what driver? Integrated Graphics 3100 dell 530s

j_m
Beginner
I have a problem with waking a Dell 530s from sleep, the logon appears, enter info, and then a couple flashes of the screen and dark, but the monitor still pulses. It seems that the video continually attempts to wake.

It's a brand new computer it shipped with 7.14.10.1437, and Vista Home Premium 64 bit version. The latest version posted on the Dell site is 7.14.10.1322 which is only listed for Vista 32bit.

Is there a more current version than 7.14.10.1437 that might address the sleep problem?

thanks J
0 Kudos
3 Replies
7oby
New Contributor II
This driver v15.11.2 is more than one year more recent than your v15.6 driver:
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/16942/a08/winvista64_15112.zip

But install at least A07 BIOS for your Latitude D530 otherwise you run into this problem.

Installation instructions for the more recent intel driver you can find here. The correct forum for your problem would have been this one.
0 Kudos
j_m
Beginner

thanks for the response, sorry I dropped the question in the wrong forum... ( my first post here and I blew it : )

The computer in questionis the Inspiron 530s, I should have mentioned that in the earlier post.

The 15.6 version is the latest that is posted on the Dell site, which seems odd. It also makes me wonder whether there's a new BIOS for the Inspiron 530s too, I guess I'll need to check. The support folksat Dell were nice, but there recommendation was simply to not usethe sleep mode....

I think the chip in the Inspiron is a G33, not sure whether its the same one in the post that you mentioned GM965, I read through your thread and investigate a little further. The sleep issue that I'm experiencing seems a little different.

btw, Vista makes me think that I under-appreciate my mac.

thanks again, j

0 Kudos
7oby
New Contributor II
J_M:
I think the chip in the Inspiron is a G33, not sure whether its the same one in the post that you mentioned GM965

You shouldn't have any hassle with the G33. Just install the driver, which is much much more recent and you should be happy. Post whether it helped with the sleep issues you had.
0 Kudos