Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
308 Discussions

Intel Optane SSD 900p HDD Front Panel Led

VPetr3
Beginner

Good day, everyone!

I recently installed Optane 900p as my main drive in system, and I suddenly found out my front panel LED does not show indications of SSD activity. (cable and connector is looking good I can't blame it)

Does Optane 900p support this feature, it informs MB about activity, or this is not the case?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello VasayaPetrov,

Thanks for posting your question in the Intel SSDs community.

According to the information you are sharing, you are using the U.2 version of the 900P, is this correct?

If this is correct, this version does not have a LED panel on the SSD hardware.

Are you referring to the front panel of the mother board you are using? What model of mother board are you using?

There are mother boards that do not have (physically) a control lane routed to the front panel. Also some of the U.2 SSDs do not have the control light feature. I will be doing research on this also.

I will be waiting for your confirmations.

Best Regards,

Juan N.

0 Kudos
VPetr3
Beginner

Oh, I'm so sorry, i didn't explain the problem clearly

First, I have 900p PCI-e version Second, front panel, it's about computer case front panel, not SSD Hardware front panel Again, I'm sorry, if it wasn't clear at first look

Motherboard Asus Rog Strix Z370 E Gaming, and it's connected to the front panel HDD LED indicator. Currently, with Optane SSD 900p installed as main drive LED indicator is displaying nothing. I assumed that's because of 900p doesn't send special signals about it's activity to motherboard, is that correct?
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello VasayaPetrov,

Thanks for your clarification.

The Optane 900P SSD does work with the LED indicators. The only limitation for this indicator to work is for the board to have a physical connection from the PCIe port to the pins that are connected to the front panel of the case. This will vary between mother board manufacturers most of them do not do the physical connection from the PCIe port but do it from the SATA port.

Hope this helps to clarify your question. If you have any additional question please let me know.

I will be glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

Juan N.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello VasayaPetrov,

I would like to know if the information I shared with you addressed your question or if you have any additional concern.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos