Software Storage Technologies
Virtual RAID, RSTe, and Memory Drive Technology
Announcements
Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

Looking for RAID, VROC? You found the forum to ask questions!
309 Discussions

Micron 9400 Series show as unsupported in VROC 8.5

fmnijk
Beginner

In intel document, Micron 9400 Series is supported since VROC 7.5.

I installed VROC 8.5 but it still show as unsupported. I don't know why. Please help. Thanks.

595959.png

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello ikb,

Good day!

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum!

We will check the details and keep you posted.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello fmnijk,

Greetings for the day !

Based on your query , I would request you to provide the below information.

1) What OS are you using and please confirm the OS version ?

2) Please provide the processor details ?

3) Please share motherboard details?

Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
fmnijk
Beginner

I am using X299. Seems like X299 can only use intel ssd. Both RST and VROC can't work. The intel document didn't mention this. It's not a good thing. I already bought VROC standard key.

I also don't know P5336 will work or not. Because it's the successor of P5316 but it's made after SK hynix acquired Intel’s SSD business.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello fmnijk,

Greetings for the day !

Thankyou for the information .

At the moment, we are actively working towards finding an appropriate resolution for your issue, and we will provide you with an update as soon as we can. We kindly request your cooperation during this time.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello fmnijk,

Greetings for the day !

The chipset X299 will not support VROC.

Please refer the below link for VROC configuration.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/Intel-VROC-VMD-Supported-Configs.pdf

Regards,

Varsha

0 Kudos
fmnijk
Beginner

No, x299 do support VROC. It has a VROC key socket. But whatever the key is used. It only support intel SSD. Intel still doesn't mention this in VROC manual. I think it is a scam. As I mentioned before, I already buy the standard key. And it is recognized by the motherboard and VROC software. But it still can only use intel SSD. Intel should improve their VROC manual.

0 Kudos
Sachinks
Employee

Hello fmnijk,

We are sorry to hear that you could not find VROC details for x299 chip in the VROC manuals. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

You can find the information about the x299 support with VROC in the below articles.

Announcement: Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) Support on X299 Platforms :

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026106/memory-and-storage/datacenter-storage-solutions.html

End-of-Life (EOL) Announcement for the Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) Hardware Key “Intel SSD Only” :

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000097294/memory-and-storage/datacenter-storage-solutions.html

Resources for Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) :

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024550/memory-and-storage/datacenter-storage-solutions.html 

Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any further assistance.

Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Best Regards,

Sachin KS

0 Kudos
fmnijk
Beginner

I already know all of this. but these are just articles. I believe intel should write all of the limitation of VROC in VROC manual. Since VROC usage is so limited.

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hi fmnijk fmnijk,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for your response, yes! These articles are available from Intel site for VROC.

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions in the future.

Regards,
Manoranjan.

0 Kudos
fmnijk
Beginner

I know this community can't do anything. Next time I will go AMD. I already gave intel a chance. Scam is always not allowed.

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hello fmnijk fmnijk,

Greetings!

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and are informing you that these are the details available regarding the product Vroc. 

What Changed?
Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) is targeted as an enterprise product, mainly for servers and workstations. At the beginning, Intel® VROC was also enabled on X299 client platforms. This initial decision was made at the time of launch in 2017. Since then, it has become apparent that Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) is a better product to support RAID on X299 platforms, partly because of the Intel® RST availability, broad SSD support and no need for an extra key license. Intel® RST is free and it supports Intel as well as non-Intel storage devices. Intel® VROC will continue to have its key licensing policies, which are more in line with enterprise product expectations.
Intel® VROC support on High-End Desktop (HEDT) platforms has moved to sustaining mode. Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) is the primary storage solution for the X299 platforms. Check with your X299 HEDT motherboard vendor for additional information.

Best Regards,
Manoranjan.

0 Kudos