cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600p driver For windows 7 Preinstall

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have been struggling for 3 days to install windows 7 on to a new Intel 60oP M.2 drive.

All the NVMe drivers that I have been sent or found do not recognise the drive

I have tried slip streaming and loading the drivers during install and they all fail to find the drive

I have tried MS standard NVMe express drivers as per this page https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/2990941 https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/2990941 which is also failing

To test that the SSD is in fact working in the board I installed windows 10 pro successfully and updated and surfed the net fine

So I need to find a proper driver.

Thanks

33 REPLIES 33

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Tihe,

Thanks for sharing the method you used. We really appreciate your comments and we are sure this will help users.Regards,NC

CCarl10
New Contributor

Tried but without luck, I also tried installing the hotfix with NTLite but still unsuccessful. Using a Windows 7 Pro original iso. I could not in my wildest dreams imagine this problem since I did the same installation on a NUC Skylake/win 7 Pro but with the huge difference Samsung 950Pro (loading drivers during windows installation) worked like a charm.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Pr05t3n,

Could you please check your private messages?Let us know if you received it.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hotfix 2990941 has an installable which is only accessible by submitting your email address.

The file emailed by mailto:hotfix@microsoft.com hotfix@microsoft.com is 477475_intl_x64_zip.exe 6Mb

Running the exe on a machine in the Method 2 state, ie Windows 7 Pro installed on a conventional SATA connected SSD, gives the following error

Device not found

The install log file states the driver is for P3xxx and 750 series devices, which are not found, so the installer will not proceed.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello DaveMc,

Could you please check your private messages?Let us know if you received it.Regards,NC