cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCleaner

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all I'm new to this SSD stuff. I did get my first drive an X25M 120gb. Install went easy with win 7 and I set windows drivers to run instead of the Nvidia ones I have an Nforce board. So far the drive has been amazing even coming from dual raptors in raid 0. My question is can I run programs like ccleaner will this effect the drive on a negative way. Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have been using ccleaner with an 80 gig ssd ever since I installed it 3-4 months ago with no ill effects.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the reply I will give it a shot later. I was reading that using the wipe free space may cause damage not sure if I will use that feature.

fattony wrote:

Thanks for the reply I will give it a shot later. I was reading that using the wipe free space may cause damage not sure if I will use that feature.

there is no reason to use the wipe free space feature if your configuration supports trim.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I believe trim is working I'm running WIN 7 on a non AHCI board. I also run the Intel optimizer once a week not sure if that's over kill.

I have a 750i ftw nforce board but I'm using the Microsoft drivers not the nvidia ones all seems good. Read times in low to mid 200's and the write is very low 100's. Overall I'm very happy with this drive coming from dual raptors in raid 0 I do notice a big difference on app's loading. I don't think I will go back to regular hard drives.