Solid State Drives (NAND)
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on NAND technology
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
3783 Discussions

Cannot complete Windows 10 installation or migration on 480 GB 535 SSD

HvanR
Beginner

I have windows 10 running on my intel 7 series motherboard and yesterday added a 535 480GB SSD to the computer. After I prepared the windows 10 installation so that it could fit on the SSD I had less that 100GB on the hard drive and used the acronis migration tool which I got from the Intel site. It told me it successfully completed.

When I booted into the software, the system did not fully boot and gave me a flashing screen that went on and off.

I also tried a clean install and the installer tells me to restart the installation from the beginning. ( I think this is where the windows 10 software normally would restart).

I also tried it with windows 7 PRo and it does the same. I can only think it must be something to do with the drive.

Anybody have the same experience and or suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello hvralpha,

The Intel® Data Migration Software is a very straight-forward tool that should work in most cases. If the clone process does not complete using the standard method, you can try the Bootable media method, using a removable drive with IDMS® to boot the system and attempt the cloning process.

The Instructions for this are in the Appendix A (page 12) of the Intel® Data Migration Software User Guide:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19324/Intel-Data-Migration-Software Intel® Download Center