cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help drive failed

APlan1
New Contributor II

Has this drive failed after only 15 months use. PC working fine one day the next it won't get past the first screen on boot up. Unplug the hard drive and it try's to boot but can't find the drive

AsuS saver tooth x79 board

Intel ssd 530 240gb

To say I an frustrated is an understatement having spent all day testing everything Else I just can't believe that this expensive drive has failed totally there must be a fix

Not tried to use the tool on the drive as only just found out we should be using the tool every week. PC won't boot so can't use the tool until get another pc to put this drive in. I don't even know if the ssd drive has power

Please help

5 REPLIES 5

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello addy1321,

We are sorry about this situation, and would like to let you know that there are some actions you can do to confirm or discard a drive failure:

- Check in the PC BIOS if the SSD is detected properly.

- Try using the drive in a different port.

- Use the drive with different cables (Data and Power).

- Connect the drive to another computer, as secondary drive, then check if it is detected in the BIOS, or Windows* Computer Management - Disk Management.

If the drive is not able to be detected and you consider it might have failed, please http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Contact Intel Support for further assistance.

APlan1
New Contributor II

The next step is to acquire a pc to test the drive

What are the chances of the drive being dead as a pic

Is going to cost me £75

APlan1
New Contributor II

Also if drive dead how can I recover the data. Is it possible?

APlan1
New Contributor II

The drive is not dead it works perfectly in another machine I managed to buy at 11pm at night

Just about to run the great Intel tool which should fix the problem

But first I am backing up the important data

The Intel tool says it won't make any data get lost but I am being careful here