cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD Toolbox 3.1.0 with SSD Optimizer Support for RAID 0 Volumes

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just tried the new SSD Toolbox version 3.1.0 with support for running the SSD Optimizer on RAID 0 volumes. It worked great, and ran fast too.

Of course, the requirements for this to work are rather specific. You MUST have an Intel 7 series chipset board with IRST version 11 installed. The 7 series chipset board must also have the IRST version 11 Option ROM installed, which is part of the board's UEFI/BIOS package. As usual, this feature only works with Intel SSDs.

While this feature is useful only to a relatively small number of users, it does demonstrate Intel's commitment to PC enthusiasts, and is provided free of charge to Intel's customers.

I must say there is one aspect of the new Toolbox that I am not sure I am happy about, but I'll wait to mention it and see if other users notice it.

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It also worked on my system

IRST Driver - 11.6.2.1002

RAID OROM - 11.6.0.1702

ASUS P8Z68-V (latest BIOS) - Z68 Chipset

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Really, great and good to know! The main point is that is working on a Z68 chipset, not included in the requirements by Intel. Of course, you have a version 11 OROM and IRST driver on your board, which is the trick. Was the OROM done with a BIOS mod, or provided by ASUS in a BIOS update? I'd love to do this on my P67 board.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks, I will check for my board in your list!!!

But, as you may know, the link is not working for some reason, just tried it at 1:05AM CDT, 11/04.

I'd love to learn how to do that myself...

Also, no offense, but how do you verify/test that RAID 0 TRIM is working after the OROM update?