cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel datacenter PCIE nvme thunderbolt 3 bluescreens

Kissel-b
New Contributor
I have a 4TB intel datacenter pcie NVME in a thunderbolt 3 enclosure which I use with my dell precision 5540 I use it for storage and for testing virtual servers and machines. I worked fine for a few months then all the sudden 6 months ago it would bluescreen every time I plugged it in or when the laptop would boot up. I used to get another error but now I get the driver irql not less or equal iastorac.sys I have formatted the laptop at least 20 times same issue if I plug the drive into my intel Mac with windows running boot amp drive reads and writes fine but I need it to work with my work laptop.
9 REPLIES 9

lEdge
New Contributor

Learn how to delete system and back up partitions on hard disks. You may sometimes exceed the allowed amount of system partitions on a hard disk. I assume the 'clean' way should work.

Kissel-b
New Contributor
I am sorry but your advice makes no sense. As I said in my post I have formatted and reloaded the system 20 times all with the same outcome. The issue is definitely a driver incompatibility issue. That’s why I am posting here.

lEdge
New Contributor

Maybe. It sounded like you are having problems with the virtual boot. If you mean to say that your problem is the actual host system. Then I can assume I can blame the update services or something like that. Your host system can have some hidden issues like indexing and virtual memory allocation.  I wish I could have a permanent solution encyclopedia. But, I am doing this from memory. This is all covered on the MSDN website it plagued details. If you're blaming the RAID configuration then provide details of how new this configuration is. It may very well be that your enclosure has some severe settings that are affecting your system.

lEdge
New Contributor

From just the details of the problem. It sounds like your laptop booted from that 4gb drive and registered itself in the system of the operating system partition. I am pretty sure in the registry. It just created a user profile. Something similar to any computer TPM device.