cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on what the 80g x25-m g2 OEM should ship with

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Model: SSDSA2M080G2GN

I bought a new SSD from a extreamly well known online retailer that shall remain nameless for now. It came in just a electrostatic bag in their standard retail box. It is my beleif that this OEM drive should ship in a brown cardboard Intel box, with an info sheet and should come from the factory with a black spacer frame pre-attached. My drive has none of those and is missing the black frame. I have concerns that i have been passed a open box item or refurbed item.

Can someone confirm what the OEM drive with the above model number should ship with? I am not referencing the retail sku, i strictly would like info on what the OEM drive should have

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

majorly sketchy man

Where's your intel product lable with your s/n, sa, model # 's etc?

Haven't updated the firmware yet, waiting for the dust to settle on the new release

no oxidization

and that's really weird looking.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Its on the other side of the drive. This concerned me because most of the drives in reviews had them on top with a shape to match the 'curve' on the top cover.

Here's the image of the bottom with the S/N removed (for obvious reasons).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Couple things:

1) are you EU or Asian market or anything? Because...

2) If you scroll to the first page you'll see the two SA numbers i was given by intel for the OEM drives. Your's matches neither. You also have a square lable on the oppisite side than all I've ever seen.

I'll let the others weigh in but that drive looks more than just oxidized to me, it looks used. If you haven't already I'd call intel and run the serial and see if it comes back as valid. If it was sold to you as new i would personally have serious reservations.

If the serial runs valid and they give you a good explination i'd run the SMART data and check the power cycles etc.

You can reach Intel at 916-377-7000

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My 80g X25-M G2 was shipped from the same vendor, in the same way. I wasn't pleased.

I wanted to download the Intel SSD toolbox so I could inspect the drive's stats, but since it was pulled, I can't find it anywhere. I had to settle for a generic SMART diag. The diag showed that the drive had 15 power-on hours, and 32 power cycles. This is curious to me, and I was considering doing an RMA, but if this is normal -- I don't know. I could care less about the black spacer.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I bought my G2 from http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10010790 ZZF, and I got the C1 package (cardboard box, foam insert, attached spacer, sticker, install sheet) packed inside their regular shipping box.