Did you mean: 

SSD 520 Series 240Gb firmwared as 120Gb

GStan1
New Contributor

The magic situation become.

SSD 520 Series 240Gb model SSDSC2CW240A3

after firmware changed model to SSDSC2CW120A3

and everywhere write it is 120Gb

Now i can't update firmware to SSDSC2CW240A3 because all programms thinck it is 120 and the last firmware already installed.

How can i return my GBs ?

The worst situation is i made it long ago. And i don't remember how it was made. I thought that it is normal 120Gb and find problem only when free space is over.

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello mailto:g_stanislav@inbox.ru g_stanislav@inbox.ru,

Thanks for posting in our communities. In order to better assist you, please provide us with your SSD S.M.A.R.T. details log exported from Intel® SSD Toolbox.1- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27656/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox?product=80096 Download and install Intel SSD Toolbox.2- Once the Toolbox is installed, open it and select the SSD.3- Click on "Export". This will generate a .csv file.4- Attach the file to your response. The attach option is located at the lower right of the reply box.Best regards,Eugenio F.

GStan1
New Contributor

That's the report file and photo.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello mailto:g_stanislav@inbox.ru g_stanislav@inbox.ru,

Thanks for providing the requested file.Checking both the S.M.A.R.T. report and the SSD label, the ISN for this drive indicates the capacity is 120GB. This is also reflected on the SSD model. You can confirm the drive actual model using the ISN at our https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo warranty information site.Please notice that Intel® SSD 520 Series has a unique firmware (400i), there are no updates available.Did you purchase this drive new in a box, or from somewhere else?Best regards,Eugenio F.

GStan1
New Contributor

You are right. ISN also said 120Gb

Intel® SSD 520 Series (120GB, 2.5in SATA 6Gb/s, 25nm, MLC) 9.5mm, OEM Pack

ISN : cvcv3133015l120bgnEnd of warnarity: July 13, 2018

It's reaaly crazy. Initially SSD was oficially bought with SuperMicro server, but there was RAID controller problems and SSD often out of order.

If i remember right, it was changed by warnarity. but it should be 240Gb, it is not photoshop.

There is no way?