Did you mean: 

SSD Optimizer Won't Run

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a 120GB Intel 320 SSD. My setup is:

• HP dm1z laptop
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • 8 GB RAM

When I try to run the optimizer it says, "Cannot run the Intel SSD Optimizer on RAID configurations."

I don't think I have a RAID setup. Do I have an HP propriatary setup? Or could this be a problem with an Intel SSD on AMD chipset?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Brian

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a similar problem on my Intel DX58SO2 motherboard. The SSD Toolbox does not state I am running RAID though. It shows that the tool is not supported for my drive and will not allow me to use it.

The problem for me was that I installed the Marvel SATA3 driver under Windows. After installing it, the SSD Toolbox refuses to allow optimize to execute.

Do you have any third-party disk drivers installed on your system?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks, Dryne. I am not running any third party disk drivers that I know of. I'm running the system as it came stock from HP (I migrated the original HD onto my Intel SSD 120GB and have been using that ever since).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Try this:

Click your start button under Windows 7 followed by entering the following in the Search programs and files input box:

SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe

On the System Properties window that appears, click the Hardware tab followed by clicking the Device Manager button.

You will see the Device Manager window appear showing a tree view of your computer name at the top with several items under. Look for the Storage controllers item in this tree view then expand it. What do you see listed under it?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Under Search programs and files input box: "Device Manager".

Most likely you are running AMD Drivers. If you revert to the W7 generic ACHI drivers, you will be able to run the SSD Optimizer.