cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Installation Errors

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yesterday I received my X25-M 80G drive, installed it and Windows XP. Then, as I was installing the video driver (ATI), it was met with a failure. After rebooting as it requested shortly thereafter, I found that the driver was installed and functional. Fast forward an hour or so later, and the same thing happened while installing WoW. This time, the error displayed was from the OS, asking if I would like to send an error report to Microsoft. I noticed that while this was on the screen, the installer was continuing forward. So, I waited. Several hours later it finished and appears to be working without issue. Same thing with the installation of Starcraft 2. I have not attempted to install any other software. The only things that installed without an issue were the OS, a couple drivers, and Windows Update.

So, I'm curious if I'm looking at a bad drive. I haven't had any of these issues with my previous drive.

I've looked around a bit, and may have overlooked it right in front of me, but is there a tool available that will analyze the drive?

Also, I did not install any TRIM software. Based on what I read, I don't know that it would help with this, but perhaps!?

What are your thoughts on my situation? If you were in my shoes, what would you recommend doing next?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

MBall5
Contributor

Hello, I suggest you to install the latest version of the Intel SSD toolbox version 2.0 and run a fast diagnostic scan and also under management tools I recommend you to run the Intel SSD Optimizer to see if the tool has any suggestion and also to check the state of the SSD.

You can find this tool under the following link: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455&lang=eng http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455&lang=eng

If the issue persists I will suggest running a full diagnostic to the Solid State Drive and see what the result is, if needed you can contact the Solid State Drive support at the following phone number: 916 377 7000 option 6.

I hope this help you.