cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-25M, recovery CDs, BSOD

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm attempting a clean system install from RNR CDs purchased from Lenovo on an Intel X-25M - SSDSSDSA2MH080G2C1.

I've received a BSOD:

0X0000007B (0xF78D6528, 0x0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I've looked at (found directions to look & insights but no explicite solution):

forum.lenovo & communites.intel

aumha.org/a/stop.htm

support.microsoft.com/gp/errormessage

SUSPECTED ISSUES:

BIOS version

STATA controller firmware not recognize SSD

OEM RNR CDs not contain proper driver for SSD

SSD firmware version

Window compatablity (XP shows G1 only)

Looking for a prompt solution since the OEM drive is not usable at this time!

==========

X61T, 7764-CTO

XP Tablet PC ED 2005 V 2002 SP3

IDE ATA,ATAPI controllers:

Intel (R) 82801HEM.HBM SATA AHCI Controller [driver-> 7.0.0.1020]

Intel (R) ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850 [driver-> 8.2.0.1011]

BIOS:

[7SET22WW (1.08)]

1 REPLY 1

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

This is a pretty generic bug check code that ususally means the storage stack in Windows is unable to find the boot disk. To be clear, the system is putting up the BSOD because it can go no further, not because some component did something illegal.

If you're installing XP and running the SATA controller in AHCI mode (as opposed to IDE), then you need to either slipstream the Intel driver into a new XP image you create or you need to supply the driver on a floppy by pressing F6 at the beginning of the XP install. You should be able to find instructions for the above by searching the Internet.

As an alternative, you could try installing with the SATA controller set to IDE in the BIOS. I don't recommend using the resulting installation, with the SATA controller running in IDE mode, but you could then attempt to install the Intel driver manually, set the BIOS to AHCI, and if that works, not bother with the other methods of installation.