cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-E 64 Gb and mac os x 10.8.3(10.8.4)

Ap9
New Contributor II

Hello, one year ago i bought two x25-e to my macs(mac mini, imac) and after latest upgrade mac os x my mac did not boot, i tried everything but it did not help me.

I wrote about this problem in apple support communities https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4890828?start=0&tstart=0 Can't boot after installing 10.8.3: Apple Support Communities ; someone fixed this problem with firmware upgrade(x25-m and more) but x25-e does not have any new firmware...

What shall i do? Will i need to buy new ssd?

9 REPLIES 9

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Perhaps in this case you may want to contact Apple support directly and escalate the issue with them.

Hi, I have the same issue with my mac mini and X25E drive -> it seems that whatever solved the issue on the x25-m drives should be implemented to x25-e. I have also tried various recovery actions but none worked. Thanks!

Ap9
New Contributor II

Hi, i bought samsung ssd 840 pro and it works fine, after upgrade to 10.8.4 i don't see intel x25-e ssd:

diskutil list

/dev/disk0

# : TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: GUID_partition_scheme *256.1 GB disk0

1: EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1

2: Apple_HFS ssd 228.3 GB disk0s2

3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3

ls /dev/disk*

/dev/disk0 /dev/disk0s1 /dev/disk0s2 /dev/disk0s3

it is terrible.

MKota
New Contributor

Any updates on this? If the issue was resolved by a new firmware for the X-25m, why there is no X-25e firmware update available? Cant someone from Intel help with this?

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Please note that in regards of compatibility with Apple* products only the system manufacturer can provide a list of validated products for their systems.

Due to the fact that such change was originated by the system manufacturer and the drives are in End of Life status we highly recommend contacting them for follow up on this issue.

Bear in mind that none of the firmware updates have been released to specifically address an issue with Apple* systems based on the Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool release notes.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/sb/CS-032001.htm Intel� High Performance Solid-State Drive; Will the Intel� SSD work in my MacBook?