fernando_ferrel
New Contributor

mi disco m2 ssdpekkf256g7l 

es compatible con pci2.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, fernando_ferrel.

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community Support forums.

Por favor, tenga en cuenta que sólo puedo apoyarlo en inglés. He utilizado una herramienta de traducción web para traducir esta respuesta por lo tanto, puede haber alguna traducción inexacta.

I received your ticket regarding the compatibility of your drive with a previous PCIe specification, I will be glad to assist you.

Since PCIe is backward compatible, you should be able to use the drive and it will work, so that is not a problem, just keep in mind that it will not work at full performance since it will be limited to PCIe 2.0 speed and that it is always recommended to check the specifications of the motherboard just in case.

If you have other questions, please let me know, I will follow up on February 24th or we can schedule a different date if necessary.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, fernando_ferrel.

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community Support forums.

Por favor, tenga en cuenta que sólo puedo apoyarlo en inglés. He utilizado una herramienta de traducción web para traducir esta respuesta por lo tanto, puede haber alguna traducción inexacta.

I received your ticket regarding the compatibility of your drive with a previous PCIe specification, I will be glad to assist you.

Since PCIe is backward compatible, you should be able to use the drive and it will work, so that is not a problem, just keep in mind that it will not work at full performance since it will be limited to PCIe 2.0 speed and that it is always recommended to check the specifications of the motherboard just in case.

If you have other questions, please let me know, I will follow up on February 24th or we can schedule a different date if necessary.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, fernando_ferrel.

I wanted to follow up on your community thread regarding the PCIe 3.0 and 2.0 compatibility in case you have any other questions.

If further assistance is still required, please let me know, otherwise, I will proceed to close the thread on March 1st.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, fernando_ferrel.

This post is to follow up on your community thread about the SSD compatibility with PCIe 3.0 and 2.0.

I previously shared that since PCIe is backward compatible, you should be able to use the drive and it will work, but you will notice a difference in performance since it will be limited to PCIe 2.0 speed, and also recommended to check the specifications of the motherboard just in case.

The thread will be closed right now and no longer monitored for support, please open a new thread or contact us via any of the other contact methods (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html) if assistance from Intel is required in the future.

Best regards,

Bruce C.