Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Solid State Drives
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4366 Discussions

Intel SSD 670p driver

AlexLuchian
Beginner

Hello all,

I just bought a laptop with a 670p ssd (INTEL SSDPEKNU512GZ). When I want to install windows I cannot see any partitions.
I downloaded some client drivers, but didn't work for 670p - cannot see it in specifications.

Anyone with this issue and where I can find the correct drivers for this product, please?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @AlexLuchian 

While you installing Windows 10 on Intel NVMe drive no additional driver is required. Instead of using the installation media you bought, prepare new installation USB using Microsoft Media Creation Tool.  

Follow Clean Install Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com) tutorial.

Leon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @AlexLuchian 

While you installing Windows 10 on Intel NVMe drive no additional driver is required. Instead of using the installation media you bought, prepare new installation USB using Microsoft Media Creation Tool.  

Follow Clean Install Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com) tutorial.

Leon

View solution in original post

AlexLuchian
Beginner

Hi @LeonWaksman 

I tried with Microsoft Media Creation Tool, also. But it's same, no partition available to install windows (see the photo).

Had same issue with previous laptop, with a 660p version. Managed to find the driver https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19755/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-install...

but, for the 670p series not working...

Thank you

AlexLuchian_0-1635088910329.png

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @AlexLuchian 

1. Is this SSD recognized (visible) in BIOS?

2. Are you aware that only UEFI BIOS is supported? Please read  System Requirements for OS Installation on a PCIe* NVMe* SSD

and NVMe Drive Installation Guide.

Leon