Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7500 Discussions

AX201 doesn't work on Linux

eobet
Beginner

So many people seems to have an issue with this thing and here's one more:

IMG_2476.jpg

eobet@tumbleweed:~> dmesg | grep iwlwifi
[    8.103729] iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: BAR 0 [??? 0x00000000 flags 0x20000000]: can't assign; bogus alignment
[    8.103791] iwlwifi: probe of 0000:02:00.0 failed with error -22

rfkill only lists the Bluetooth.

Card came pre-installed in a Mini PC I just bought, and they haven't release a bios update ever it seems. I'm running kernel 6.8.1.1 and confirmed that all firmware files match what's available on the git tree download from Intel.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello eobet,

Thank you for posting in the communities. Since you mention it came from a Mini PC may I please know the specific model? It would also be better if you can share with us the SSU logs as well. Additionally, is the AX201 working fine before? If it is, have you made any changes before receiving this error messages? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
eobet
Beginner

OpenSUSE MicroOS does not seem to be supported by that application, but attaching what it managed to gather as Distrobox to Tumbleweed actually fared worse.

The machine is this one: https://www.bleujour.com/shop/en/root/1692-root.html

It came without an OS installed so I don't know if it was working, but ACPI error apparently indicated BIOS incompability with the Linux kernel?

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello eobet, 

Thank you for letting us know about this information. Upon checking the logs I can see that it has incomplete scan which is there are missing information, however, I did check the link you shared and upon checking, I can see that the mini pc that you have bought is stated to be only compatible in using Windows 11 Home/Pro. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system. Since you are using an Operating system that is not compatible with your OEM device, it is expected to receive issues. To confirm this, are you having issues with the AX201 when using Windows 11? If you do, are there any yellow bang in your device manager as well? This will enable us to identify the error codes and pinpoint the issue right away. You may also send us the SSU logs when you have already tried Windows 11.

I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
eobet
Beginner

So what you are saying is that Intel 9260NGW is fully Linux compatible since Kernel 5.2 and the issue I'm encountering is due to the BIOS on the Sapphire EDGE BP-FP6 motherboard?

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello eobet,

Thank you for responding to us. I am saying that it could be a compatibility issue that you are experiencing in your OEM device since you are using an operating system that is not supported by your product. As mentioned, our support is limited when it comes to Original Equipment Manufacturer Devices, it is best if you reach out to your OEM manufacturer at this link to confirm this limitation:
Bleujor Support.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos