Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7499 Discussions

AX210 no wifi displayed

cytaf
Beginner

Hello, 

I buy a mercusys AXE5400 PCIe Adapter, and connected it to my PC (antennas already set up, connected a bluetooth cable on a USB port and the card on a PCIe port. Problem : the card is found by the bios and windows 10, the bluetooth of the card works, but the wifi doesn't. When I try the windows troubleshoot it says that there may be a problem with the driver. I tried to install the driver on the CD, same problem (with a reset of the computer every time). Also tried the Intel driver with the driver support assistant, but always the same problem. 

Can someone help me ? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
The Bluetooth is working because it uses the USB connection. The Wireless, on the other hand, requires a PCIe connection. Now, most of these card carriers are a little temperamental when it comes to the PCIe connection. They specify that the card be plugged into only a PCIe x1 connector. They don't work consistently (if at all) when plugged into PCIe x4, x8 or x16 connectors.
Bottom line, make sure you have the card plugged into a PCIe x1 connector. If you do so and it (still) doesn't work, reseat the card. If thst doesn't work, use a different PCIe connector.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
cytaf
Beginner

Agree for the bluetooth. I'm not familiar with PCIe connections. How do you know that it's a x1 connector ? Is it just because it's smaller ?  

Looked at the manual of my motherboard, it says that I have three x16 and three x1.

Anyway, tried all the PCIe ports, for the longer ones (x16 I guess ?) the card is not found by windows, but windows find it for the smaller ones. 

looked in the connection properties parameter in windows, got : 
Name: Wi-Fi 3
Description: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz #3
Physical address (MAC): 30:05:05:90:2b:9e
Maximum transmission unit: 1508
Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected

If I have this, it means that the computer recognizes the card no ? So is it still a hardware problem ? 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The x1's are the smallest connectors - but x4 connectors are not that much bigger.
The slot problem manifested almost exactly like you are describing.

If you click on the network icon in the system tray, do you see any SSIDs being displayed? If not, do you see the card in Device Manager and in Setup's Wireless scene?
...S

0 Kudos
cytaf
Beginner

I don't have any SSIDs displayed. But in Device manager, I have the card, I can update or remove the drivers from it. Same for setup's wireless, it there and it's were I found the informations from my last post. 

0 Kudos
cytaf
Beginner

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Go to Settings / Network & Internet / Wi-Fi, click on Manage Known Networks and then on Add a New Network. Create an entry for your Router. Once created, check if you are able to attach to it.

...S

0 Kudos
cytaf
Beginner

cytaf_0-1715429070622.png

Nothing appears

0 Kudos