Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AX210 takes 3-5 mins to find 6ghz connection

CoronalDischarge
New Contributor I

When doing initial setup of my AX210 vs a Bell Home Hub 4000 router -- the 6GHZ SSID didn't appear in the available networks list (despite 'broadcast SSID' turned ON in the router).

Was able to add the 6GHZ network by using the add hidden network option, with connect automatically turned on.

Performance is good and wifi works fine when connected.

However, every time I start my computer (or wake from sleep) it takes the card 3-5 minutes of sitting idle to connect to the network.   Going into 'show wireless networks' doesn't show the 6GHZ network, I have to just sit there waiting for the wireless card to decide to connect to 6GHZ.

Problem doesnt happen on 2 or 5 ghz channels.

Diagnostic attached.

What do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel

Hello CoronalDischarge,

I appreciate the information provided.

It is important to mention that there are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM). Based on the MSI website, their latest driver version is 22.160.0.3, it can be found under their "LAN" tab.

Also, checking the report you shared, it states that the BIOS version is 1.20; however, this BIOS version is not listed on the MSI website. The report also mentions that the BIOS was updated on 02-24-2022. Their latest version (7D25v19) was released on 2022-11-09. Have you tried installing this BIOS version on your device?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello CoronalDischarge

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• When did it start to happen?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • Were you able to have your wireless connection as expected before?
  • Is this the only device affected by this issue?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
CoronalDischarge
New Contributor I
  • When did it start to happen?

Since I got my 6GHZ capable Bell Home Hub 4000 two weeks ago.  

• Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?

Doesnt happen on my 2ghz or 5ghz network on the same hub.   Have no way to test 6ghz on someone elses.

• Were you able to have your wireless connection as expected before?

No.   6GHZ has always been inconsistent/not showing SSID and taking 3-5 minutes after boot to bind to the 6GHZ network.

• Is this the only device affected by this issue?

Yes.

• Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?

Original that came with computer (which is a custom build from a computer store)

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello CoronalDischarge,

Thanks for your response,

We recommend performing a Clean Installation of the Wireless driver, as sometimes corrupted files from previous installations of drivers can linger on a system which can cause driver updates to not work as expected, even if you try rolling back drivers some residue may be still present and affect your system. There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. Intel’s generic graphics drivers are intended for testing, you can get our latest driver from our website (22.180.0) version.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
CoronalDischarge
New Contributor I

The 'clean installation' link provided is for graphics drivers.  What are the steps for the WIFI driver?

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello CoronalDischarge,

Thanks for the heads up.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding. This is the correct link for the Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
CoronalDischarge
New Contributor I

Did a clean install of the drivers & multiple restarts; issue remains as before.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello CoronalDischarge,

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello CoronalDischarge

Thanks for waiting for a response.

• Was it working before or never did?
  • Can you test a different access point that supports 6GHz?
  • Does the same happen with OEM drivers?
  • Update the BIOS. Check with your system manufacturer to confirm the latest BIOS version and the steps on how to install it.
  • Make sure Operating System is up to date.
  • Is there any other device affected by the delay? 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
CoronalDischarge
New Contributor I
  • Was it working before or never did?

It has never auto connected in under 3-5 minutes to the 6GHZ network, and has always had trouble displaying that network under 'available networks'

• Can you test a different access point that supports 6GHz?

No, its a desktop and I only have one network.

• Does the same happen with OEM drivers?

I dont know what that means.   It happened with the stock drivers from Windows 11 and when I installed the latest intel ones.

• Update the BIOS. Check with your system manufacturer to confirm the latest BIOS version and the steps on how to install it.

It is the latest

• Make sure Operating System is up to date.

Windows updates run regularly/automatically

• Is there any other device affected by the delay? 

No.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello CoronalDischarge,

I appreciate the information provided.

It is important to mention that there are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM). Based on the MSI website, their latest driver version is 22.160.0.3, it can be found under their "LAN" tab.

Also, checking the report you shared, it states that the BIOS version is 1.20; however, this BIOS version is not listed on the MSI website. The report also mentions that the BIOS was updated on 02-24-2022. Their latest version (7D25v19) was released on 2022-11-09. Have you tried installing this BIOS version on your device?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
CoronalDischarge
New Contributor I

I changed the wifi drivers to the OEM version, which did not solve the issue.

BIOS updates are not recommended unless you know it (or its documented to) fix your specific issue.  I wont be risking one without a UPS etc just because you are guessing it 'might'?

0 Kudos
CoronalDischarge
New Contributor I

Well I bit the bullet and risked the BIOS upgrade which HAS fixed the problem; it connects to the 6ghz network automatically right away at boot up.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello CoronalDischarge,

Thanks for your response.

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos