Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7412 Discussions

AX211 older version release notes

chabral
Beginner

Hi,

I'm looking for the older versions of the AX211 driver release notes, starting from 22.180.0.4 and up to 22.240.0 that I can get from the driver page. If anyone can help me with this, I'll really appreciate it.

Thank you!

chabral.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, chabral.

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

I would like to know the reason why you are looking for the older versions of the Intel AX211 driver release notes. If you are going to downgrade your Intel Ax211 driver, please be informed that Intel doesn't recommend rolling back the drivers as it might cause some system driver issues. If a newer graphics driver is available from your computer manufacturer, we recommend you install that driver instead. If you encounter any issues with the Intel driver, please report them to us.

However, in line with the older versions of the AX211 driver release notes, you may refer to this link: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/204837/intel-wifi-6e-ax211-gig/downloads.html

Please take note that starting with Software Release 21.50.1, there will be no new driver versions for Windows*7 and Windows* 8.1 Operating Systems.

Best Regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
chabral
Beginner

Hi VonM_Intel,

The reason I'm looking for the older release notes, is that I found new laptops in our company with version 22.180.0.4. In our company, the team that prepares the laptop OS images is a different team, so I want to collect all the improvements added since 22.180.0.4 to make a sound argument about the need to create a new image with the latest drivers. The are often reluctant to update images just for drivers.

To mention an example of this, I found some Lenovo Yoga with 22.180.0.4. I checked and the Lenovo System Update software was not suggesting a newer version. I then tried Intel Driver & Support Assistance and it did suggest the latest version. I haven't tried with Dell yet, but I have seen that they usually are some months behind the current Intel driver version.

I'll appreciate if anyone can point me to the older release notes.

Thank you,

chabral.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, chabral.

Thank you for sharing. We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once available.

Best Regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
chabral
Beginner

Thank you @VonM_Intel . I look forward to the response.

Best regards,

chabral.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, chabral.

Thank you for patiently waiting. As we've conducted some review and research on our end, I will send a private email regarding the old release note. Please be guided that we don't recommend disclosing confidential information such as the older release notes on the version of the wireless drivers.

Best Regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
chabral
Beginner
0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, chabral.

I will send a private email again regarding the old release notes. Please be guided that we don't recommend disclosing confidential information such as the older release notes on the version of the wireless drivers.

Kindly let me know once you receive it.

Best Regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, chabral.

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check our private email?

Kindly let us know if you still need assistance.

Best Regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
chabral
Beginner

Hi @VonM_Intel , I apologize for the delayed response, I was out of the office for a few days. I received your email, everything looks fine, that was precisely what I was looking for. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, chabral.

Thank you for your response. No worries, you may take time as much as you need. We are glad to know that now everything is fine and we resolved your inquiry/concern about the release notes for the specific wireless driver versions.

Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best Regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos