Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7496 Discussions

Can't connect to wireless display on Windows 11

DM999
Novice

Whenever I try to use a wireless display, I get an error message saying, "Couldn't connect". I've tried several different TV's, all the same. I have other Windows 11 machines that can display just fine to those TVs. I do see an attempt being made on my TV, as I'd expect. I approve the attempt to connect, but nothing happens after.

I do see this in the Device Manager for the "Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2"

Device {5d624f94-8850-40c3-a3fa-a4fd2080baf3}\vwifimp_wfd\4&bd33da7&1&14 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: netvwifimp.inf

Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Service: vwifimp

Lower Filters:

Upper Filters:

Problem: 0x0

Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

I've tried manually resetting my IP configuration using the (elevated) commands and restarting. Still doesn't work. I have the latest Wi-Fi drivers from Intel (23.40.0.4 published on 3/10/2024). My laptop's manufacturer is Lenovo. Wi-Fi chip is Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz.

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

I see in my System event log an entry that I think is related.

"6062 - Lso was triggered"

Here are the details:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Netwtw10" />

<EventID Qualifiers="32768">6062</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2024-04-17T17:12:30.0443023Z" />

<EventRecordID>364490</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="18792" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DEL-01-0607-LT</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>\Device\NDMP1</Data>

<Data>Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz</Data>

<Binary>000000000200300000000000AE170080000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

Is there anything else I can try? Can I disable LSO?

Windows 11 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3447)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello DM999,

Thank you for posting in our communities. 

Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article. How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* . Please send us the generated SSU.txt file. 

We look forward to your response! 

Thank you, and have a great day ahead! 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DM999
Novice

SSU report attached.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello DM999,

Thank you for providing your SSU.

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello DM999,

Thank you for patiently waiting on our response.

Please answer and perform the following in order for us to further isolate the issue and provide you with a possible solution:

1. What is the specific application that you are using to establish a wireless connection with your computer?

2. What is the make and model of the television you are attempting to connect to?

3. Please try to update your graphics driver to the Intel generic, latest version to ensure optimal performance.

4. If you are using Miracast, it might be helpful to check the Microsoft article titled 'Fix connections to wireless displays or docks' for detailed guidance.

Furthermore, if you are experiencing issues with Miracast, Microsoft is the appropriate point of contact for support.

Additionally, you may find our 'Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Graphics Drivers Support for Miracast' article to be a helpful resource.

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
DM999
Novice
1. What is the specific application that you are using to establish a wireless connection with your computer?

I'm using the latest version of Windows 11 with all updates applied. The application to connect to a remote display is built in to Windows directly and can be accessed in several ways. I use Win + K to view the remote displays and attempt remote display connection.

2. What is the make and model of the television you are attempting to connect to?

I have tried several LG TVs, all with the same results. I'm away from home and work and can't provide the exact model number until I return. I believe they're 8000 series LG model TVs.

3. Please try to update your graphics driver to the Intel generic, latest version to ensure optimal performance.

I have done so with no successful result in being able to remote display.

4. If you are using Miracast, it might be helpful to check the Microsoft article titled 'Fix connections to wireless displays or docks' for detailed guidance.

I have previously read and followed the guidance there with no successful result.
0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello DM999,

We are following up with you to verify whether you have already completed some of the steps we have provided and if you have the answers to our questions. so we can decide what to do next.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
DM999
Novice
Hello, I have responded to your previous message. Thank you.
ACarmona_Intel

Hello DM999,

Thank you so much for the answers and for following our recommendations.

We will do further investigation regarding the issue using the information that you have shared. 

And I will post the response on this thread once it is available.

By the way, once you return to your home, kindly share with us the 

make and model of your television, as it will also be relevant information for the investigation.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello DM999,

To aid us in thoroughly examining the issue, we would like to gather the following information:

• Kindly provide us with the specific model of your TV. If you are still away from home or work, you may provide it once you have access to your TV. 
  • Also, may we know if the computer and the TV are connected to the same network?
  • Furthermore, please check your email, as we have sent you the wireless checklist file, which will also greatly help us to find the root cause of the issue. By the way, once you fill up the wireless checklist, please share it with us via email as well, as it contains private information.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

0 Kudos