Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7450 Discussions

Can't play online games with network adapter Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz

Crash1246
Beginner

Hi guys,

I bought a new PC with a network adapter (Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz) and every time I start an online game my wifi disappears and as soon as I leave the online game it logs right back in with the wifi. I checked the system logs and it says the following:

Event ID: 5007, Source: Netwtw10, 5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)
Event ID: 5005, Source: Netwtw10, Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Internal error occurred.
Event ID: 5002, Source: Netwtw10, Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Malfunction of the network adapter was detected.
Event ID: 5005, Source: Netwtw10, Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Internal error occurred.

Everything else works (watching videos, watching twitch, discord call, downloads (steam, browser, ea etc.) and uploads).

I have also reinstalled drivers and the device itself, deactivated/resaved the firewall and updates are always up to date. But unfortunately all without success.

I would be really grateful for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Crash1246,    

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I can imagine how frustrating this issue is for you. It will be a pleasure to assist you on this matter.

To have a better view of this issue, I will need you to confirm the following:

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?  

2. Is the Bluetooth working?  

3. Are you using the antennas that came with the adapter?

4. Do you see any error or yellow mark in the device manager?

5. Is this issue present with any game or just some of them? If so, please provide the list of affected games.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Crash1246
Beginner

Hello,

1. it was already pre-installed in the pc.
2. yes bluetooth works perfectly.
3. yes, also perfectly aligned.
4. no, not a single yellow mark.
5. for all online games. As soon as I have to connect to their online service.

I would like to give some more information:

1. when I connect to the 2.4ghz everything runs fine. It only happens on 5ghz. But then I tried my Fritz wifi stick with 5ghz and it works perfectly.
2. my wifi router: FritzBox 6591 Cable.
3. I even reset my windows completely, but unfortunately without success.

best regards,

Jason

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Crash1246, 

Thanks for your response. I have checked the FritzBox website and noticed that this is an "AC" router and your wireless adapter is "AX", If you are using an AC router with an AX card you may not be able to achieve all the features available for AX connectivity and this may be causing this issue with the 5GHz.

I recommend you to:

1. To make sure that your drivers are properly installed, try a clean install of the Intel drivers.

2. Check with the router/modem manufacturer for firmware updates.

3. Check the recommended settings for your adapter.

4. Make sure that your wireless adapter is properly seated.

Also, I would like to let you know that from the MSI website, this motherboard does not have a wireless adapter integrated since it is not mentioned in the specification and there is no driver for it. I recommend you check with the place of purchase (POP) to confirm if they installed this adapter and if they can replace it.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos