Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Cannot detect 5Ghz wifi

Kaiyi
Novice

Hello,my laptop model is Asus GL553 and the network adapter is Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 #2, I have tried all the methods searched online but I couldn't detect 5Ghz,could someone please help me? Thank you in advanced.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Kaiyi,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?v=t  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

3. Is this issue recent? If so, when did it start?

4. Have you reported this issue to Asus?

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Kaiyi
Novice

Thank you for replying

1) Attachment is the report

2)It is the original adapter that came pre-installed
3)I think this issue is from the beginning,I just had 5Ghz router recently so I didn't pay attention to it before
4)Just reported

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Kaiyi, 

Thanks for the information provided. In order to help you further, please try the following:

1. Clean installation of the Intel wireless driver:

- Driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

- Steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

2. Are you able to connect other devices (tablets, phones, computers) to the same 5HGz?

3. What is the model name of your router? If possible send a link with the information about the device.

4. What was the response from Asus?

5. Have you tried a different router?

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Kaiyi,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Kaiyi

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.   

Also, due to that, the issue seems to be present since you bought the laptop, I recommend you to check with Asus for further support.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos