Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7451 Discussions

Does the AX211 support LC3/Bluetooth LE

jimmybond007
Beginner

That's it!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
H_Mlysgeek
New Contributor I

hello jimmybond007...

Yes, the Intel AX211 does support Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) and the LC3 codec. The LC3 codec is part of the Bluetooth LE Audio specification, which is a feature of Bluetooth 5.2 and later versions. This means you can expect improved audio quality and lower power consumption when using devices that support these features with your AX211 adapter.

hope this helps...

Regards,

Harry

0 Kudos
jimmybond007
Beginner

Thanks for quick response. My current laptop has the AX201 which is BT 5.2 but as far as I can research, the AX201 does NOT support LC3 even though 5.2 does. Is that correct?

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, jimmybond007.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

If I may provide some clarification, are you inquiring about the AX211, which supports LC3/Bluetooth LE, or are you referring to the AX201 Wi-Fi module, which is BT 5.2?

I look forward to your response. Have a pleasant day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
jimmybond007
Beginner

Sorry both. However I now have a Dell laptop with the latest windows build and the integrated AX211 card with the latest driver.

My hearing aids are the Bluetooth LE codec but the laptop will not pair with them. I have read that if all is well, bluetooth LE shows under Bluetooth and Devices/Devices, but there's nothing there.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, jimmybond007.

Sorry for the long wait. To further troubleshoot the issue, I would like to know the Make and model of the hearing aids you're using. Also the latest SSU logs of your system.

Furthermore, Intel® Wireless and Bluetooth® Adapters support the most available codecs. However, the operating system (OS) uses those codecs natively on respective peripherals, not the adapter. Therefore, if there is an issue or having more inquiries about "codec support" we recommend contacting Microsoft Technical Support.

Best Regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos