Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7452 Discussions

Eventlog errors for WiFi 6 AX201 160MHz

xMRi
Beginner

There is already a report for this problem

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Error-WiFi-6-AX201-160MHz/td-p/1396510

I have the identical problem. The old problem was never solved.

The user gave up. And the supporter wasn't really effective...

1. Fresh new computer with motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B760M-PLUS WIFI

2. Fresh installation of Windows 11

3. Neweset driver for WiFI installed. Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz. (version 23.30.0.6)

4. Connected via 5GHz 

5. The Event log shows errors every 10-20 minutes. A group of 4 identical errors.

6. No problems in the WiFi communication at all. Perfect speed!

Verified:
- Newest Bios

- Newest driver

- Newest Chip Set driver

It seams that the connection speed selected is somehow strange to the driver

Detailed error copied from the eventlog:

Protokollname: System
Quelle: Netwtw14
Datum: 15.04.2024 08:21:26
Ereignis-ID: 5010
Aufgabenkategorie:Keine
Ebene: Fehler
Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
Computer: DESKTOP
Beschreibung:
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz : Der Netzwerkadapter hat einen ungültigen Wert an den Treiber zurückgegeben.
Ereignis-XML:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Netwtw14" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">5010</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2024-04-15T06:21:26.4406970Z" />
<EventRecordID>211439</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="2144" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>\Device\NDMP5</Data>
<Data>Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz</Data>
<Binary>000008000200380000000000921300C000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000057445256619C0000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello XMRi,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

To help me further identify the problem and offer you a solution, kindly provide the following details:

• To confirm, does the issue only happen after your clean installation of Windows 11? 
  • Please check your device manager to see if there are any yellow bangs; if yes, double-click on that section and check the error code and error description in the General tab.
  • Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

We look forward to your response! 

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,
Carmona A.
Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
xMRi
Beginner

1. The issue happened after every 2 clean installs of Windows 11. I tried it 2 times.

2. Of course there are no errors in the device manager or yellow tags.

3. When I get back to the machine I will send the log.

The error is the same as reported in other forums.

The error occurs every 10-20min...

I have no functionality problems, no problems with speed, just this strange errors in the eventlog.

I need to recheck this, but it seams that this happens only when I have a 5Ghz connection. And no errors when in 2.4Ghz mode.

Just to inform you: I might be a beginner in this forum, but I an IT-Pro and developer for 45 years, so you don't need to ask me such basiscs.

0 Kudos
xMRi
Beginner

The requested information!

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello XMRi,

Based on the SSU that you have shared, you are using our Intel generic wireless driver, which is 23.40.0.

With regards to this, we recommend that you use your OEM wireless driver, which is 23.10.0.8, since the OEM drivers were heavily customized by your OEM to work with your specific platform.

If the issue persists, please let me know.

We would also like to share with you the following thread just for your reference, as it is related to our issue.

By the way, thank you for informing us that you have been an IT professional and a developer for 45 years. It is highly noted.

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
xMRi
Beginner

You are not telling the facts as they are.

1. The version 22.10.0.8 is completely identical to the driver that are shipped by Intel
  2. They have no customization at all. All files are signed by Intel. They are not signed by ASUS
  3. The older driver version was installed by me. The new installed version came through Windows 11 Update
  4. The driver seams to be extremely noisy to the event log. Can I reduce the number of entries.
  5. As far that I can see the message shows only when connected with a 5Ghz WiFi

So you want to tell me, that the Windows 11 version I receive is not compatible?

OK. I forced an update to the old version.

Fact:

The problem is still the same! So the bug is inside the Windows Intel Driver code!

PS: 45 years dealing with support of different companies made me skeptical.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello XMRi,

Thank you so much for the response.

We apologize for any confusion. As your OEM or system manufacturer has verified drivers for your system for optimal performance, we have advised you to install the OEM drivers. In certain cases, Intel generic drivers were not among the drivers validated by the system manufacturer and may be the cause of the issue.

To confirm, does the issue still persist after updating your wireless drive to 23.10.0.8? If yes, please let me know.

By the way, if you confirm that the issue still persists, I will raise our case with our engineers so they can further help us.

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
xMRi
Beginner

The error persist in version 23.10.0.8!

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello XMRi,

Thank you so much for confirming.

I will now raise our case with our engineers and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello xMRi,

I would like to offer some additional perspectives on your situation. It has come to my attention that you have received assistance from one of our technicians. Firstly, I would like to express my gratitude for highlighting this issue to us. We understand that encountering repeated errors in the event log can be concerning. Your detailed account and the steps you've taken to troubleshoot the issue are greatly appreciated.

Given your extensive experience and the steps you've already taken, it seems we are looking at a very specific issue with the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and its interaction with the 5GHz network band. The recurring errors in the event log, suggest a potential discrepancy in how the driver is interpreting certain values or statuses from the network adapter when operating on the 5GHz band.

We acknowledge that the problem persists even after updating to the driver version 23.10.0.8, which indicates that the issue may lie within the driver code for Windows. It's also noted that the error does not occur when connected to a 2.4GHz network, which could be a valuable clue in isolating the cause.

At this point, our recommendation is to document these findings so we can identify the root cause. Additionally, I suggest performing the following:

1. Clean installation of the wireless driver and install driver version 23.40.0 again. 

2. If it's within your means, experimenting with different Wi-Fi networks or tweaking your router's settings could provide valuable insights.

3. Follow the Recommended Settings for 802.11ax Connectivity.

4. For a more in-depth analysis, sharing the Event Viewer logs would be immensely helpful. With this information, we can conduct a thorough examination and offer a more targeted solution.

Furthermore, your skepticism based on years of experience is understandable, and we assure you that your feedback is taken seriously. We are committed to working with you to resolve this anomaly and improve the overall performance. 

Thank you again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
xMRi
Beginner

1. Clean Install again. No change.

2. I have only one 5ghz router. 

3. 802.11ax settings are default as described and recommended

4. Eventlog for WiFi attached

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Try doing a really, really clean reinstallation: Here's my process; follow it exactly:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages for your adapter. Here are the current links for downloading these drivers: Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351 and Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649.
  2. Most important! Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable. Note this Wireless disable *must* be of type that will persist and stay disabled across reboots.
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip forward to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an Intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, skip forward to Step 12.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Repeat step 7 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.
  9. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  10. Repeat step 8 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.
  11. Go back to Step 5.
  12. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  13. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  16. Test.

Note that it sometimes takes multiple uninstall (and reboot) cycles to clean out the old installations, so don't give up on the process. If you get to, say, 10 cycles, stop there and attempt the installation of the latest drivers.

Hope this helps,

...S