Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7455 Discussions

Fenvi PCIe BE200 card

windows_guru
Novice

Given the integrated WiFi is garbage I removed it wires and all. 

I purchased a Fenvi PCIe card with the BE200 on it and it was recognized fine on a 9th gen system. CPU is an i3-9100 with 4 cores and 4 threads. Network performance was immediately improved.

The BE200 card does not need a USB port like earlier PCIe cards. PCIe and USB are hand in hand and the chipset seems to be fine with bluetooth and WiFi together.

I noticed the price difference is narrow from the cost of the M.2 BE200 and the PCIe card and dual antennas etc. The model with a red heatsink is more expensive and the BE200 can make do fine with chassis air flow. The card with the bare BE200 and the bracket are cheapest.

AFAIK the slots are PCIe 3.0 speed which should benefit the BE200. I am not sure if the BE200 supports PCIe 4.0 speeds or not.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Windows_guru,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

We advise that you contact your system manufacturer regarding the compatibility of your system with BE200, as your system has already altered some of the features, settings, and even your system design and functionality.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,
Carmona A.
Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos