Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7489 Discussions

INTEL WIFI ADAPTER AX201 UNII-1,UNII-2 ISSUED

AlFarez
Beginner

Hi, Im based in Indonesia, as far as i know, the UNII-1 and UNII-2 channel in indonesia  has been permitted by KOMINFO, but i dont see any channel when i analyze thats channel

Is possible unlock channel UNII-1 and UNII-2 in Indonesia with my existing adapter? thank you for any replies

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello AlFarez,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

As each country may have different regulatory requirements, before you install/change the Intel® Wireless Adapter in a system, you must contact the system manufacturer to determine if your system is capable of running UNII-1 and UNII-2 channels. However, it is important to mention that even if the channels are now approved, it does not indicate that it is ready for use, you should contact your system manufacturer for further information

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
3Fees
New Contributor I

From what I see UNII is Unlicensed National Information Infrastructure. I dont think Intel adapters support unlicensed broadcasts channels or bands-they stay within licensed broadcasting bands, some of these UNII Bands can overlap and interfere with Radar avoidance Bands and  Government weather radar bands. These UNII bands are for radio operators that have control of the wattage receive/sent and are restricted. In other words the bands you see thru the WiFi router's web interface where the WiFi adapter is setup is what you can use. The fines for using these UNII channels or bands if they interfere with government broadcasts would be huge and they will confiscate the equipment with the modern triangulation equipment governments have they could pinpoint where the illegal broadcast is coming from and sent some very unfriendly people to rectify the situation.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
AlFarez
Beginner

alright then, thank you sir

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello AlFarez,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

As each country may have different regulatory requirements, before you install/change the Intel® Wireless Adapter in a system, you must contact the system manufacturer to determine if your system is capable of running UNII-1 and UNII-2 channels. However, it is important to mention that even if the channels are now approved, it does not indicate that it is ready for use, you should contact your system manufacturer for further information

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello AlFarez,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello AlFarez,

I am glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, I will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos