Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7496 Discussions

Intel 5g solution 5000 not enabling on Samsung galaxy book 3 pro 360

JohnES
Beginner

I have a refurbished Samsung Galaxy Book3 Pro 360 running Windows 11 pro. The Wi-Fi works fine. Cellular refuses to work. New physical pay-as-you-go SIM from GiffGaff installed. The 'cellular' option doesn't show on the quick menu when you click the bottom right task bar and isn't there to be added. Have tried all the updated drivers from Samsung and yourselves (using Samsung update and Intel SSU as well as Intel driver & support apps), plus of course updating driver through device manager. Going in through Control Panel, Network and Internet, View network status and tasks, change adapter settings, 'Mobile' shows as disabled. Double-click and it shows 'enabling' then briefly 'enabled', but the adapter icon still shows 'disabled'. Go into 'properties' and 'configure' (Intel 5G Solution 5000) shows 'device working properly', but under events in 'Information', it shows:-

Device PCI

\VEN_14C3&DEV_4D75&SUBSYS_A63F144D&REV_01\4&2ba47098&0&00E0 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem 134.inf

Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Service: WwanNet(M80)

Lower Filters: WUDFRd

Upper Filters:

Problem 0x0

Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

Unistalling the device and letting it re-install, still no joy. Mobile hasn't worked siince I bought the laptop.

Any advice and solution would be useful! Many Thanks! JohnES

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
stmarx
Beginner

Exactly the same here: bought a refurbished Galaxy Book3 Pro 360 5G (NP965QFG-KA5DE) last week and no 'cellular' option or network option in System Settings. The Intel 5G Solution 5000 GNSS Sensor in the device manager is grayed out and Windows says: "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the Computer (45). To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

But the Intel System Support Utility is of a different opinion:

- "Intel 5G Solution 5000 #5"
Availability:"Running or Full Power"
- "Caption":"Intel 5G Solution 5000"
Link:"http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=Intel+5G+Solution+5000"
CoInstallers:"Not Available"
Default IP Gateway:"Not Available"
DHCP Enabled:"No"
DHCP Lease Expires:"Not Available"
DHCP Lease Obtained:"Not Available"
DHCP Server:"Not Available"
Driver:"WwanNet.sys"
Driver Date:"07/11/2022 12:00 AM"
Driver Path:"C:\Windows\system32\drivers\WwanNet.sys"
Driver Provider:"Intel"
Driver Version:"0.6.200.290"
ETrackID:"Not Available"
Index:"0006"
INF:"oem201.inf"
INF Section:"WwanNet_Device11.NT"
Install Date:"Not Available"
Installed:"Yes"
IP Address:"Not Available"
IP Subnet:"Not Available"
Last Error Code:"Not Available"
Last Error Code Description:"Not Available"
Last Reset:"02/03/2024 03:18 PM"
MAC Address:"Not Available"
Manufacturer:"Intel"
Net Connection ID:"Mobilfunk"
NetCfgInstanceId:"{6A0AC411-E5EA-4E21-BB19-1B48788A0BA5}"
NVM Version:"Not Available"
Part Number:"Not Available"
PNP Device ID:"PCI\VEN_14C3&DEV_4D75&SUBSYS_A63F144D&REV_01\4&2BA47098&0&00E0"
Port:"Not Available"
Power Management (Low Power):"Not Available"
Power Management (Wake On LAN):"Not Available"
Power Management (Wake on Magic Packet):"Not Available"
Power Management Capabilities:"Not Available"
Power Management Supported:"No"
Product Type:"Intel 5G Solution 5000"
Service Name:"WwanNet(M80)"
Type:"Not Available"
- "Service Bindings"
Brückentreiber:
Client für Microsoft-Netzwerke:
Datei- und Druckerfreigabe für Microsoft-Netzwerke:
Internetprotokoll, Version 4 (TCP/IPv4):
Internetprotokoll, Version 6 (TCP/IPv6):
- "Settings"
*DeviceSleepOnDisconnect:Device Sleep On Disconnect:"Enabled (1)"
*WakeOnMagicPacket:Wake on Magic Packet:"Enabled (1)"

The "Intel Driver & Support Assistent" writes also the Intel 5G Solution 5000 "Running at full power. This device is working properly. Installed: True. Service: WwanNet(M 80).

How come?

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello John, 

Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system. No worries, I will still make sure to properly investigate what is causing the issue. Upon reading your inquiry, it is best to gather some information first to further identify if this issue is indeed related to the WiFI of your device.  Kindly please share the following details: 

1. It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility located at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html.
    1. After running it, you will be given an option to save the logs to a .txt file, please do so and attach the file on your reply.
  2. Are there any error messages or yellow bang showing in your device manager? 
  3. Is this only happening to the physical pay-as-you-go SIM from GiffGaff?
  4. Have you tried inserting a different SIM to further isolate? 

For Stmarx, I empathize with your situation and the issue you are facing. However, I kindly request that you create a new thread for your case. This will allow us to focus on your specific problem and provide you with better assistance.

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
JohnES
Beginner

Hi Ramyer M,

Thank you for your reply and questions.

I have run the SSU and attach the report file below.

The device manager reports the 5G solution 5000 as working properly, but the events state Device not started (WwanNet(M80)).

I have tried both an EE sim which was in the laptop when purchased (don't know if it was active or not) and the sim from my Samsung S8, neither of which  make any difference to the response on the laptop.

There are no yellow warning signs showing in Device Manager against any items.

Many thanks for any assistance you are able to give.

Have a good day.

John Saliot

0 Kudos
Christian124
Beginner

Hi,

Did you figure out a solution? I have a similar issue on the same machine but have come a bit further:

My modem has the same issue with one internet provider (TDC on 3 different accounts and SIM-cards tried). The mobile broadband option disappears and comes back, but with no connection.

If I drive 3 km from my house it works perfectly, even when I get back with the PC on, but after reboot the problem is back.

Nu problems with another internet provider (Oister/3).

Samsung has now replaced the complete motherboard and modem: Same problem.

Complete reinstallation of Windows 11: Same problem.

TDC will not acknowledge  the problem as theirs.

I don't know what to do other than maybe change internet provider, but TDC is provided by my employer.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello JohnES, 

For now, we will proceed in coordinating this with our team. Kindly please give us some time to investigate this issue. Rest assured that I will keep a close eye on your ticket and give you an update once I have it on or before February 13, 2024 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello JohnES, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon checking with our team we found out that the best way to resolve the issue for your Samsung galaxy book 3 pro 360 is by contacting your Original Equipment manufacturer which is Samsung. This is because the product that you are mentioning is an OEM device, and they might have made alterations and customizations on the wireless component that could have affected the cellular functionality of your system in which we are not familiar with. 

You may reach out to them using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos