Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7452 Discussions

Intel Bluetooth: Isochronous channels and other mandatory features

drujd
New Contributor I

Hello,

I have recently bought two Intel Bluetooth/Wi-Fi M.2 type (A+)E cards: AX200NGW and BE200NGW. AX200 is supposed to support BT5.2 ( https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/189347/intel-wifi-6-ax200-gig/specifications.html ) and BE200 is supposed to support BT5.4 ( https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/230078/intel-wifi-7-be200/specifications.html ).

And yet: Neither of the cards seems to support (m)any MANDATORY features that have been introduced as part of the Bluetooth Core Specification Version 5.2 ( https://www.bluetooth.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Bluetooth_5.2_Feature_Overview.pdf ) or any 5.3/5.4 features in case of BE200. The most notable feature missing is LE Isochronous Channels (primarily introduced as a basis for LE Audio, but with other potential uses as well).

On Linux, I am running the latest 20240312 firmware, bluez 5.73 and the very recent 6.8 kernel. This is my btmgmt info output for BE200:

hci0:   Primary controller
        addr REDACTED version 13 manufacturer 2 class 0x000000
        supported settings: powered connectable fast-connectable discoverable bondable link-security ssp br/edr le advertising secure-conn debug-keys privacy configuration static-addr phy-configuration wide-band-speech 
        current settings: bondable ssp br/edr le secure-conn

And this is for AX200 (kernel 6.7.9, other versions identical to above):

addr REDACTED version 11 manufacturer 2 class 0x000104
        supported settings: powered connectable fast-connectable discoverable bondable link-security ssp br/edr le advertising secure-conn debug-keys privacy configuration static-addr phy-configuration wide-band-speech 
        current settings: powered ssp br/edr le secure-conn

In both cases, 'cis-central', 'cis-peripheral' (which, again, are mandatory if you claim BT5.2+ support) and other features are missing. For comparison, this is M1 Mac Mini (BT 5.0 only) running Asahi Linux - as you can see, the supported settings section is identical except for wide-band-speech (which is an optional feature):

addr REDACTED version 9 manufacturer 15 class 0x000000
        supported settings: powered connectable fast-connectable discoverable bondable link-security ssp br/edr le advertising secure-conn debug-keys privacy configuration static-addr phy-configuration 
        current settings: ssp br/edr le secure-conn

What gives? This is especially jarring in case of BE200, which officially claims LE Audio / LC3 support in promotional materials: https://cdrdv2-public.intel.com/761674/761674_Intel_Wi-Fi_7_BE200_GalePeak2_Product_Brief_Rev1p1.pdf

I am not very familiar with BT stack on Windows and how to probe for individual BT features there, but neither AX200 nor BE200 seem to support LE Audio on Windows 11 either (tried both latest public update build AND the latest canary / Insider Preview). And BE200 really, REALLY should, given the advertising. In AX200's case, I understand there might be some licensing issues regarding the LC3 codec usage in Windows (while Linux shouldn't care as long as the controller has the required mandatory hw features), but it still HAS to support LE Isochronous Channels (and other features introduced in 5.2) to conform to BT 5.2 spec...

0 Kudos
13 Replies
drujd
New Contributor I

I would really appreciate some kind of response. I need to know whether to return the BE200NGW card or not. Weirdly enough, its predecessor AX210 (and AX211, maybe?) seems to support isochronous channels and therefore LE Audio in Linux. It is its older (AX200) and younger (BE200) siblings that should also support that according to specs, but in terms of supported things just appear as regular 5.0 controllers (except the version numbers, which are correctly 11/13)...

0 Kudos
H_Mlysgeek
New Contributor I

@drujd, Hi there....

,The situation you're describing with the Intel AX200NGW and BE200NGW cards not supporting certain Bluetooth 5.2 and 5.4 features, such as LE Isochronous Channels, is indeed perplexing, especially considering the specifications listed by Intel. These features are essential for enabling the latest Bluetooth capabilities like LE Audio.

The absence of 'cis-central' and 'cis-peripheral' settings in your btmgmt output is unusual since these are mandatory for Bluetooth 5.2+ support. It's possible that this could be due to a variety of factors, including firmware issues, driver support, or even hardware limitations.

For the AX200NGW, while it is advertised to support Bluetooth 5.2, the specific features available can depend on the implementation and support provided by the operating system and drivers. Similarly, the BE200NGW is supposed to support Bluetooth 5.4, and by extension, the features introduced in Bluetooth 5.2 and beyond, including LE Isochronous Channels.

Given that you've already updated to the latest firmware and are using recent versions of bluez and the Linux kernel, the next steps could involve:

1. Make sure all software and firmware are up to date, including the Linux kernel, bluez, and the firmware for the Bluetooth cards.2. Intel Support: Reach out to Intel support or check the Intel community forums for any known issues or updates regarding these features

2. Verify that the drivers in use are the correct versions intended to support these features. Sometimes, beta or specific OEM drivers may offer different levels of support.

3. Confirm that the hardware itself is not defective and is capable of supporting the advertised features.

On Windows, the support for Bluetooth features can also vary based on the drivers and the Bluetooth stack implementation by Microsoft. It might be worth checking for any available driver updates or support documents from Intel that address these features on Windows 11.

hope this helps

Regards,

0 Kudos
drujd
New Contributor I
That does not help at all. As a matter of fact, this looks almost exactly like a reply generated by (or sourced from) a ChatGPT or similar LLM. Please stop posting useless, possibly AI generated, responses.

I am running the latest versions of everything (Linux kernel, linux-firmware and bluez), there is nothing more I can do other than to wait for an update that has not even been announced. I would like someone from Intel to tell me what the hell is happening and how is this not false advertising...
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello drujd, 

We sincerely apologize that it took us sometime to respond. We want to help you with this concern. I just want to be more familiar with the system that you are using. Did you integrate the AX200 and BE200on a laptop or a custom build desktop? Please share with us the model or better yet, the SSU logs. Since you are using linux, you may download it at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18895/intel-system-support-utility-for-the-linux-operating-system.html. Once you share this with us, I will proceed in coordinating this with our team so we can investigate this properly. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
drujd
New Contributor I

I have two desktop motherboards with an M.2 E slot for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth addin cards. I have, however, tested this also with a borrowed laptop. Unsurprisingly, the card behaves exactly the same in all devices, which makes sense: The Bluetooth part of the cards is just a USB device, after all...

The utility seems to correctly work only on Fedora/Red Hat, Ubuntu or SUSE Linux, not on Arch, but I managed to get some output out of the script. However, that output is probably completely useless for this specific problem since the utility does not at all list USB devices, let alone Bluetooth devices. It also seems quite outdated (for instance, it expects storage devices to be /dev/sd* or /dev/hd*, but it does not consider NVMe drives at all, hence the empty storage part in the log). Also note that you don't see the Wi-Fi part of the card as I have disabled it in BIOS (I do not care about Wi-Fi at all, only Bluetooth).

I have e-mailed the Linux Intel developer Luiz Von Dentz and apparently, the AX200 card is too old and will never support isochronous channels. That is a bummer as I thought all Bluetooth controllers claiming conformance to v5.2 spec have to support this, but I guess I was wrong... The Bluetooth Core Specification is a mess regarding what is mandatory and what is not. However, BE200 should absolutely support that, so the point still stands.

Anyway, here is the log for one of the motherboards, although I doubt its usefulness:

# SSU Scan Information
Scan Info:
     Version:"1.0.0.0"
     Scan Date:"2024/03/26"
     Scan Time:"16:53:34"

## Scanned Hardware
Computer:
          BaseBoard Manufacturer:"ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC."
          Bios Mode:"UEFI"
          Bios Version/Date:"5003,10/07/2023"
          CD or DVD:"Not Available"
          Platform Role:"Linux box 6.8.1-arch1-1-00004-g75f8697a2824-dirty #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sun, 17 Mar 2024 07:57:50 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux"
          Processor:"AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor"
          Serial Number:"System Serial Number"
          SMBIOS Version:"3.3.0"
          Sound Cards:"HDA-Intel - HDA ATI HDMI"
          Sound Cards:"HDA ATI HDMI at 0xfca24000 irq 134"
          Sound Cards:"HDA-Intel - HD-Audio Generic"
          Sound Cards:"HD-Audio Generic at 0xfce00000 irq 135"
          Sound Cards:"USB-Audio - DA"
          Sound Cards:"0d"
          System Manufacturer:"System manufacturer"
          System Model:"System Product Name"
          System Type:"x64-based PC"
          - Display
               - "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 21 [Radeon RX 6800/6800 XT / 6900 XT] (rev c1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])"
                    Adapter RAM:"size=16G"
                    Adapter RAM:"size=256M"
                    Capabilities:"[48] Vendor Specific Information: Len=08 <?>"
                    Capabilities:"[50] Power Management version 3"
                    Capabilities:"[64] Express Legacy Endpoint, IntMsgNum 0"
                    Capabilities:"[a0] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+"
                    Capabilities:"[100] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0001 Rev=1 Len=010 <?>"
                    Capabilities:"[150] Advanced Error Reporting"
                    Capabilities:"[200] Physical Resizable BAR"
                    Capabilities:"[240] Power Budgeting <?>"
                    Capabilities:"[270] Secondary PCI Express"
                    Capabilities:"[2a0] Access Control Services"
                    Capabilities:"[2d0] Process Address Space ID (PASID)"
                    Capabilities:"[320] Latency Tolerance Reporting"
                    Capabilities:"[410] Physical Layer 16.0 GT/s <?>"
                    Capabilities:"[440] Lane Margining at the Receiver"
                    Caption:"Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 21 [Radeon RX 6800/6800 XT / 6900 XT] (rev c1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])"
                    Device ID:"AMD/ATI" Radeon RX 6900 XT 
                    Driver:"amdgpu"
                    Driver Path:"/lib/modules/6.8.1-arch1-1-00004-g75f8697a2824-dirty/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu.ko.zst"
                    Driver Provider:"AMD linux driver team"
                    Driver Version:""
                    Flags:"bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 136, IOMMU group 25"
                    I/O Ports:"I/O ports at f000 [size=256]"
                    Manufacturer:"Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] [1002]"
                    Power Management Capabilities:"Power Management version 3"
                    Refresh Rate - Current:"Not Available"
                    Resolution:"Not Available"
          - Memory
               Physical Memory (Available):"26738 MB"
               Physical Memory (Installed):"32067 MB"
               Physical Memory (Total):"97347 MB"
               - "DIMM_A2"
                    Capacity:"16 GB"
                    Configured Clock Speed:"Not Available"
                    Configured Voltage:"1.2 V"
                    Data Width:"64 bits"
                    Form Factor:"DIMM"
                    Interleave Position:"First Position"
                    Locator:"DIMM_A2"
                    Manufacturer:"G Skill Intl"
                    Maximum Voltage:"1.2 V"
                    Minimum Voltage:"1.2 V"
                    Part Number:"4-3200C14-16GVK"
                    Serial Number:"00000000"
                    Speed:"Not Available"
                    Type:"Synchronous Unbuffered (Unregistered)"
               - "DIMM_B2"
                    Capacity:"16 GB"
                    Configured Clock Speed:"Not Available"
                    Configured Voltage:"1.2 V"
                    Data Width:"64 bits"
                    Form Factor:"DIMM"
                    Interleave Position:"First Position"
                    Locator:"DIMM_B2"
                    Manufacturer:"G Skill Intl"
                    Maximum Voltage:"1.2 V"
                    Minimum Voltage:"1.2 V"
                    Part Number:"4-3200C14-16GVK"
                    Serial Number:"00000000"
                    Speed:"Not Available"
                    Type:"Synchronous Unbuffered (Unregistered)"
          - Motherboard
               Manufacturer:"ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC."
               Product:"ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING"
               Serial Number:REDACTED
               Version:"Rev X.0x"
          - Networking
               - "Intel Corporation I211 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)"
                    Supports auto-negotiation:"Yes"
                    Advertised auto-negotiation:"Yes"
                    Auto-negotiation:"on"
                    Availability:"lan0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500"
                    Capabilities:"[40] Power Management version 3"
                    Capabilities:"[50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable+ 64bit+"
                    Capabilities:"[70] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=5 Masked-"
                    Capabilities:"[a0] Express Endpoint, IntMsgNum 0"
                    Capabilities:"[100] Advanced Error Reporting"
                    Capabilities:"[140] Device Serial Number REDACTED
                    Capabilities:"[1a0] Transaction Processing Hints"
                    Caption:"Not Available"
                    Default IP Gateway:REDACTED
                    DHCP Enabled:"Yes"
                    DHCP Lease Expires:"Not Available"
                    DHCP Lease Obtained:"Not Available"
                    DHCP Server:"Not Available"
                    Driver:"igb"
                    Driver Path:"/lib/modules/6.8.1-arch1-1-00004-g75f8697a2824-dirty/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/igb/igb.ko.zst"
                    Driver Provider:"Intel Corporation, <e1000-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>"
                    Duplex:"Full"
                    Firmware Version:"0. 6-1"
                    Interface:"lan0"
                    I/O Ports:"Not Available"
                    IP Address:REDACTED
                    IP Subnet:REDACTED
                    MAC Address:REDACTED
                    Manufacturer:"Intel Corporation"
                    Net Connection ID:"Not Available"
                    Port:"Twisted Pair"
                    Power Management:"Supports Wake-on: pumbg"
                    Power Management:"Wake-on: g"
                    Speed:"1000Mb/s"
                    Supported link modes:"10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full, 100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full, 1000baseT/Full"
                    Advertised link modes:"10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full, 100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full, 1000baseT/Full"
                    Partner advertised link modes:"Not Available"
               - "Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8125 2.5GbE Controller"
                    Supports auto-negotiation:"Yes"
                    Advertised auto-negotiation:"Yes"
                    Auto-negotiation:"on"
                    Availability:"lan1: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500"
                    Capabilities:"[40] Power Management version 3"
                    Capabilities:"[50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable+ 64bit+"
                    Capabilities:"[70] Express Endpoint, IntMsgNum 1"
                    Capabilities:"[b0] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=4 Masked-"
                    Capabilities:"[d0] Vital Product Data"
                    Capabilities:"[100] Advanced Error Reporting"
                    Capabilities:"[148] Virtual Channel"
                    Capabilities:"[168] Device Serial Number REDACTED"
                    Capabilities:"[178] Alternative Routing-ID Interpretation (ARI)"
                    Capabilities:"[188] Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV)"
                    Capabilities:"[1c8] Transaction Processing Hints"
                    Capabilities:"[254] Latency Tolerance Reporting"
                    Capabilities:"[25c] L1 PM Substates"
                    Capabilities:"[26c] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0002 Rev=4 Len=100 <?>"
                    Caption:"Not Available"
                    Default IP Gateway:"Not Available"
                    DHCP Enabled:"Yes"
                    DHCP Lease Expires:"Not Available"
                    DHCP Lease Obtained:"Not Available"
                    DHCP Server:"Not Available"
                    Driver:"r8169"
                    Driver Path:"/lib/modules/6.8.1-arch1-1-00004-g75f8697a2824-dirty/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/r8169.ko.zst"
                    Driver Provider:"Realtek and the Linux r8169 crew <netdev@vger.kernel.org>"
                    Duplex:"Unknown! (255)"
                    Firmware Version:"rtl8125a-3_0.0.1 08/24/19"
                    Interface:"lan1"
                    I/O Ports:"Not Available"
                    IP Address:"Not Available"
                    IP Subnet:"Not Available"
                    MAC Address:REDACTED
                    Manufacturer:"Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd."
                    Net Connection ID:"Not Available"
                    Port:"Twisted Pair"
                    Power Management:"Supports Wake-on: pumbg"
                    Power Management:"Wake-on: d"
                    Speed:"Unknown!"
                    Supported link modes:"10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full, 100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full, 1000baseT/Full"
                    Advertised link modes:"10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full, 100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full, 1000baseT/Full"
                    Partner advertised link modes:"Not Available"
          - Operating System
               Boot Device:"/dev/mapper/box-root"
               Last Reset:"up  3:30,  1 user,  load average: 0,33, 0,34, 0,47"
               Locale:"cs_CZ"
               OS Manufacturer:"Arch Linux \r (\l)"
               OS Name:"Arch Linux \r (\l)"
               Page File:"/dev/nvme0n1p2"
               Page File Space (Available):"66846716"
               Page File Space (Used):"0"
               Physical Memory (Available):"26746 MB"
               Physical Memory (Installed):"32067 MB"
               Physical Memory (Total):"97347 MB"
               Version:"6.8.1-arch1-1-00004-g75f8697a2824-dirty GNU/Linux"
               Virtual Memory (Available):"66846716"
               Virtual Memory (Total):"32836924"
          - Processor
               - "AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor"
                    Architecture:"x86_64"
                    Available:"Offline"
                    Byte Order:"Little Endian"
                    Cache Size:"512 KB"
                    Caption:"AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor"
                    - Characteristics
                         Enhanced Virtualization
                         Execute Protection
                         Hardware Thread
                         Multi-Core
                         Power/Performance Control
                         64-bit capable
                    CPU Speed (Minimum):"3635.608"
                    CPU Speed (Maximum):"5050 MHz"
                    Current Voltage:"1.1 V"
                    External Clock:"100 MHz"
                    Family:"Zen"
                    - Flags
                         "APIC (On-chip APIC hardware supported)"
                         "CLFSH (CLFLUSH instruction supported)"
                         "CMOV (Conditional move instruction supported)"
                         "CX8 (CMPXCHG8 instruction supported)"
                         "DE (Debugging extension)"
                         "FPU (Floating-point unit on-chip)"
                         "FXSR (FXSAVE and FXSTOR instructions supported)"
                         "HTT (Multi-threading)"
                         "MCA (Machine check architecture)"
                         "MCE (Machine check exception)"
                         "MMX (MMX technology supported)"
                         "MSR (Model specific registers)"
                         "MTRR (Memory type range registers)"
                         "PAE (Physical address extension)"
                         "PAT (Page attribute table)"
                         "PGE (Page global enable)"
                         "PSE (Page size extension)"
                         "PSE-36 (36-bit page size extension)"
                         "SEP (Fast system call)"
                         "SSE (Streaming SIMD extensions)"
                         "SSE2 (Streaming SIMD extensions 2)"
                         "TSC (Time stamp counter)"
                         "VME (Virtual mode extension)"
                    ID:"10 0F A2 00 FF FB 8B 17"
                    Level 1 Cache:"512 KiB (16 instances)"
                    Level 2 Cache:"8 MiB (16 instances)"
                    Level 3 Cache:"fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc cpuid extd_apicid aperfmperf rapl pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt tce topoext perfctr_core perfctr_nb bpext perfctr_llc mwaitx cpb cat_l3 cdp_l3 hw_pstate ssbd mba ibrs ibpb stibp vmmcall fsgsbase bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid cqm rdt_a rdseed adx smap clflushopt clwb sha_ni xsaveopt xsavec xgetbv1 xsaves cqm_llc cqm_occup_llc cqm_mbm_total cqm_mbm_local user_shstk clzero irperf xsaveerptr rdpru wbnoinvd arat npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save tsc_scale vmcb_clean flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold avic v_vmsave_vmload vgif v_spec_ctrl umip pku ospke vaes vpclmulqdq rdpid overflow_recov succor smca fsrm debug_swap
64 MiB (2 instances)"
                    Load:"load average: 0,33, 0,34, 0,47"
                    Manufacturer:"Advanced Micro Devices, Inc."
                    Model:"33"
                    Name:"AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor            "
                    Number of Cores:"16"
                    Number of Cores - Enabled:"16"
                    Part Number:"Not Available"
                    Socket Designation:"AM4"
                    Version:"AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor            "
                    Voltage:"1.1 V"
                    Virtualization:"Not Available"
          - Storage

0 Kudos
drujd
New Contributor I

So this new firmware (currently only in linux-firmware main/master) finally adds support for isochronous channels on BE200: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/commit/?id=d3cc8b9b304af1671d47726f77177c28067d5c04

Should be part of the next linux-firmware release.. Hurray!

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello drujd

I've encountered an issue accessing the link provided, resulting in a 403 Forbidden error. Could you please share the specific details contained within the link? This information would be invaluable for our records. We greatly appreciate your cooperation and the information you have provided thus far. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
drujd
New Contributor I
Which link do you mean? I posted several and all of them still seem to work for me (just one has an expired certificate problem, but still works past the warning).

Also note that LE Audio is STILL not working on any platform, either the new firmware or linux drivers are still broken:
https://github.com/bluez/bluez/issues/793

Same for Windows: https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-BE200-Status-of-LE-Audio-support-on-Windows-11/m-p/1583964

An advertised feature just doesn't work, regardless of OS.
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello drujd, 

Thank you for responding back to my post. The link that I was referring to about the 403 forbidden error is this link: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/commit/?id=d3cc8b9b304af1671d47726f77177c28067d5c04. Since you mention that you are still encountering the issue with the LE Audio. I will proceed in coordinating this back with our team and keep this thread posted for updates. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
drujd
New Contributor I

That link leads to Linux kernel web page (specifically to the web interface for its linux-firmware git repository). If that doesn't work due to 403, that's certainly weird, either blocked by your firewall or your IP (range) is blocked on the other side for some reason - this is public.

Anyway, the link leads to a linux-firmware git commit containing the firmware update for the bluetooth part of BE200:

Intel Bluetooth: Update firmware file for Intel Bluetooth BE200
This patch updates the firmware file for Intel Bluetooth BE200
Also it is known as Intel Gale Peak2 (GaP2).

FW Build: REL53617
Release Version: 23.40.0.2
FSEQ: 0.0.4.157

Signed-off-by: Kiran K <kiran.k@intel.com>

Unfortunately, as already stated above, it still does not seem to work correctly - neither in Linux ( https://github.com/bluez/bluez/issues/793 ), nor on Windows ( https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-BE200-Status-of-LE-Audio-support-on-Windows-11/m-p/1583964 )

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello drujd, 

Thank you for patiently waiting and for sharing this information. Upon coordinating with my team, we have additional questions so we can further investigate this for you. 

Could you please provide a complete 'dmesg' log? Additionally, it would be helpful to know if this issue is occurring exclusively with Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) devices. We would also like to inquire whether a standard Bluetooth mouse was able to successfully connect to the ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING motherboard equipped with an AX200NGW before it was replaced with the BE200NGW. This information will aid in diagnosing the connectivity issues more accurately. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
drujd
New Contributor I

Just to reiterate: On the Linux side of things, I am trying to work it out on GitHub bluez repository with your very own Linux Bluetooth stack developer Luiz Augusto von Dentz: https://github.com/bluez/bluez/issues/793

Here, on these forums, I am much more interested in actually resolving this issue for Windows as there does not seem to be any better channel for that. Could we maybe move to the Windows-specific thread? https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-BE200-Status-of-LE-Audio-support-on-Windows-11/m-p/1587602

So far, on that thread I've only got a response from what appears to be an Intel bot... COME ON, you are supposed to be better than this (I guess the keyword "Samsung laptop" caused that automated reply)!!! So maybe we can focus on Windows from now on? With all due respect, I have more confidence in an actual Linux kernel Bluetooth stack developer to help me eventually resolve this problem on Linux.

"Additionally, it would be helpful to know if this issue is occurring exclusively with Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) devices."

What kind of question is that? I am sorry, but this is a completely nonsensical question given the context. The issue is LE Audio support! So of course it occurs only in LE devices - LE Audio does not work on classic BT stack (the old A2DP standard does).

"We would also like to inquire whether a standard Bluetooth mouse was able to successfully connect to the ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING motherboard equipped with an AX200NGW before it was replaced with the BE200NGW."

Yes, of course, BT mice/keyboards/controllers worked with the original card and still work with the new one. Both BR/EDR/classic stack and LE devices work (before & after upgrade) perfectly fine. It's LE Audio functionality that is missing.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello drujd,

I can assure you that I am not a bot and I am tailoring my messages based on your concern as we want to help you with the missing LE Audio functionality.

I would like to thank you for answering our question and I can assure you that we are working diligently to figuring out a solution for this missing feature in your system. For now, I will be coordinating this back with our team. I promise to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos