Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7452 Discussions

Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant-Installer Fetches Problematic Bluetooth Drivers

Revup67
Beginner

Upon successful installation of the of the file:

Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant-Installer.exe (version 23.4.39.9),

this app at 21hrs on 1/22/24 fetched the latest Bluetooth drivers for this Gigabyte Z390 motherboard.

They were: 

Description:
Installs Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® version 23.10.0 Driver version varies depending on the wireless adapter installed.
Version: 23.10.0.2 Release date: December 5, 2023 Size: 58.21 MB.

Though it shows Installation successful, this was a complete failure.  The install seized any access from a Logitech Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.  Thankfully I had a USB keyboard and mouse available. A restart of the PC was unsuccessful, removing both Bluetooth devices was not possible (they would not remove), the complete solution was to go into Control Panel | Programs and Features and remove the installation of this Intel Bluetooth driver.  Once completed and rebooted, I was back to normal with the Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard.

This apparently is the entire fault of the Driver and Support assistant as I've read apparently there's a newer driver but the Support assistant is grabbing an older version.

I feel sorry for others that don't have a USB keyboard and mouse. They're stuck. Can someone at Intel pull down this driver support assistant down and take care of this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
0 Replies