Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7493 Discussions

Intel Driver and Support Assistant: upgrade routine broken

bowlingblackberrycow

Intel Driver and Support Assistant regularly tries to upgrade a version that was already upgraded. This has happened at least 3 times, so I am posting about this bug here.

Affected drivers are:

• Intel Wireless Bluetooth for Windows 10 and Windows 11
  • Windows 10 and Windows 11 WiFi Driver for Intel Wireless Adapter

Hardware: Lenovo T14s

I tried multiple times to restart my PC. No effect.

See screenshot below where Intel Driver and Support Assistant suggests to upgrade Bluetooth driver from version 22.190.0.2 to 22.190.0.2

bowlingblackberrycow_0-1671698015561.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello bowlingblackberrycow,

If I may jump into the conversation, I would like to first thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

Regarding the issue you described, I would like to recommend you reinstall the Intel Driver and Support Assistant following these steps:

• Uninstall Intel® DSA via Control Panel.
  • Delete all old log files from C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.
  • Uninstall Intel® Computing Improvement Program or Intel® Product Improvement Program via Control Panel.
  • Restart the system.
  • Download the latest version of Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
bowlingblackberrycow

@Jean_Intel @Steven_Intel 

It fixed itself after a few days, so I was not able to verify your suggestions. It seems after a few days Intel Driver and Support Assistant updates the version numbers and is able to perform the check for the installed versions correctly. Thanks for your feedback, I will try next time in case it occurs again.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your response.

I am glad to know the issue got solved. As for now, we will proceed to close this thread.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos