Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7496 Discussions

Intel Killer Ethernet Controller Not Updating

BobDoeeeee
Beginner

My Intel DSA notify me about an update to the performance suite for version 1.1.4.42. I have tried to update it via intel DSA and manual but it still shows up, after i search to see which driver were not updating, i found out that my Killer E3100x Ethernet Controller were not updating, it is stuck at version 1.1.4.38

I tried to update it manually by searching for the driver but it seems that information about this driver is scarce, and when i found file for the version 1.14.42 and try to update it, it says that the best driver is already installed. 

i also tried to use Killer E3100 but it does not show on driver manager.

windows version 10.0.19045

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BobDoeeeee, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. To check this for you, can you please share with us your SSU logs so we can be more familiar with your configuration. When you check the device manager, are you seeing any yellow bang as well? This will help us know for any error message. Are you also experiencing any connectivity issues? Are there also any error messages that shows in IDSA as well? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BobDoeeeee
Beginner

Hello thanks for replying

here are my SSU logs

there are no yellow marks or any marks on device manager, no connectivity issues so far, and no error messages on Intel DSA

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BobDoeeeee, 

Upon checking the logs I can see that you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer Device. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) , please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system, nevertheless, I will do my best to assist you with your concern.

Please be informed that the Intel Driver and Support Assistant is designed to provide generic driver updates primarily for desktop systems. As you are utilizing an OEM device, it may necessitate unique configurations, drivers, and modifications that are not addressed by our generic drivers. This is likely the reason the generic driver version is not installing on your system. Given that you are not encountering any additional issues, further troubleshooting may not be necessary.

To confirm this, can you please confirm the specific model of your laptop system? The reason I ask is because I can only see the motherboard model on the logs and it might be different from the model of the whole system. Additionally, is the WIFI 6 Ax201 and the Killer E3100X 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Controller originally installed in the system or did you make the modifications? This information is critical so we can investigate this properly for you. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
BobDoeeeee
Beginner

Hello, thanks for the reply

My laptop model is MSI GP66 leopard 10UE 486ID

The wifi and gigabit ethernet is the original one on my device as the only modification i mase on this device is just ram and ssd.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BobDoeeeee, 

Thank you for confirming the model. Upon checking , the recommended driver by your OEM for your Killer E3100X ethernet is this version 1.0.2.6. Kindly please try if you will be able to download this version instead. 

Let me know of the result. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
BobDoeeeee
Beginner

Hello

i downgraded my ethernet driver, it is working fine, but intel DSA still ask me to upgrade intel killer performance suite to 1.1.4.42. Should i just ignore that update?

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BobDoeeeee, 

Thank you for confirming. As you have installed the driver recommended by your Original Equipment Manufacturer, it is highly likely that the reason you experienced installation issues with the 1.1.4.42 is due to your system requiring a specific driver configuration. It is best to confirm this with MSI at this link: MSI support 

For the IDSA suggestion, I recommend turning off this specific notification update and use the one recommended by your Original Equipment Manufacturer which you have already installed. You may follow this article on how to turn off the notification: How to Turn Off Specific Update Notifications from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA)

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
BobDoeeeee
Beginner

Hello thanks for the help

i will just ignore the intel DSA update notification.

but another question, why there are no official information regarding Killer E3100X ethernet controller from either intel or msi, there are only information from other unofficial sources.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BobDoeeeee, 

Thank you for following our recommendation. Regarding your second question, may I please know what kind of information you are trying to look for? 

I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
BobDoeeeee
Beginner

Hello

I was looking for things like download, etc but there no mentions of E3100x, only E3100 from the official forums. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello BobDoeeeee, 

Thank you for clarifying. I want to further check my resources to see if there are differences between this two models. Kindly please allow me some time to gather this for you and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos