Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz cannot connect to 6E 6 GHz

Luigi408
Novice

My AX210 does not see 6E 160MHz (HE160) from my Unifi U6 Enterprise AP that is broadcasting at 160MHz at all.

I meet all the requirements from OS to Drivers but it only connects to 5GHz and NOT 6GHz at 160MHz. Am I missing something in order for this to work correctly? If not, Intel you guys need to fix this issue.

Driver: 22.140.0.3

6E Access Point: Unifi U6 Enterprise using the latest firmware updates.

Screenshot 2022-06-22 030344.pngScreenshot 2022-06-22 030239.pngScreenshot 2022-06-22 030221.pngScreenshot 2022-06-22 030208.png

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Luigi408,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+).

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?  

2. Is the Bluetooth working?   

3. Do you see any errors from the device manager?

4. Is this a laptop or desktop computer?

5. To confirm, can you provide the brand and model name of your Enterprise router? If possible, share a link from the router's website.

6. Have you tried with the drivers from the manufacturer of the laptop or motherboard (if is a desktop computer)?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Luigi408
Novice
1. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?

Its PCIE card from Gigabyte model GC-WBAX210.

2. Is the Bluetooth working?

Yes, Bluetooth is working correctly.

3. Do you see any errors from the device manager?

No errors in device manager.

4. Is this a laptop or desktop computer?

Desktop

5. To confirm, can you provide the brand and model name of your Enterprise router? If possible, share a link from the router's website.

My network consists of Ubiquiti hardware. My router is Ubiquiti UDM-Pro SE, and the access point is the U6 Enterprise.

6. Have you tried with the drivers from the manufacturer of the laptop or motherboard (if is a desktop computer)?

Yes, tried the drivers from Gigabyte site and still won’t connect to WiFi 6E 160MHz as you can see from the pictures I attached.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Luigi408, 

Thanks for the information provided. Based on your issue, please try the following:

1. If the card was manually installed, make sure that Gigabyte validated it and approved its compatibility.

2. Just to make sure that there are no issues with the driver installation. Try a clean install of the Intel driver:

3. Check with Gigabyte to confirm if you have the latest BIOS version installed.

Also, you can check more details about the 6GHz Band in the following article.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
tetefbubu
Beginner

Hi,

Any news about this issue ?

I have the same kind of issue with an Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz in my Laptop. Intel wifi card model : AX210NGW.

I'm using other Intel Wifi AX210 (Desktop PCIE card) : without any issue to connect to the 6GHz Network.

=> Then the 6GHz Wifi Networks works fine.

The question is :

- How to be sure that the Laptop card support the 6GHz Network as the Desktop card ?

- Is there any reference in the Card model number sticker to know if it's a US or a Europe card ? (does the difference come from drivers or hardward ?)

I'm using Windows 11 with last release patchs, and I'm using the last available drivers from Intel.

• Provider Intel
  • Version22.140.0.3
  • Date26/04/2022

There is a lake of information about 6GHz Wifi network issues, and we always find the same outdated links talking about differences between countries : but it's not relevant anymore. 

This new Wifi 6E protocol begins to be popular (thanks to Intel and the AX210 chip), but still.. It's quite hard to setup it without any useful information.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Luigi408
Novice
1. The card is validated and is supported for my PC. It work fine with WIFI 6 5GHz and Bluetooth.

2. I have the latest driver. I also clean installed it again and it still won’t connect to 6E 160MHz.

3. I contacted Gigabyte. I have the latest BIOS.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Luigi408,

Thanks for the information provided. I would like to investigate this behavior further and in order to proceed I will need the report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU):

Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Luigi408
Novice

Thank you for replying. I have attached the output file.

0 Kudos
Luigi408
Novice

So... you guys definitely have a bug with your AX210 driver. I had to get the driver from the post below (22.45.1.1) and uninstall the wireless driver multiple times until there were no more drivers to uninstall (as suggested by one of the users in that post). Then I was finally able to connect to WiFi 6E 160MHz network. To test, I did the same thing with the newest driver and it did NOT work at all.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/ax210-window-10-21h2-not-showing-6GHz-networks/m-p/1341116#M39195

I am attaching a new SSU file to this post for you to compare.

Luigi408_0-1656373012761.png

ErickE
New Contributor I

I just posted a new thread with the exact same issue with four computers, only with an Asus router.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Luigi408, 

I am glad to know that you fixed the issue by performing a clean installation of the driver version 22.45.1.1. 

Bear in mind that the Wi-Fi 6 functionality relies on the operating system completely and this version and this driver version might be approved by Gigabyte since they customize the drivers to make them compatible with the BIOS and hardware.

I recommend you to check with Gigabyte for drivers and instructions on Wi-Fi 6.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos