Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7567 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz Netwtw12 error 5001 5010 5006 cause wifi drop

yhgu2000
Beginner

My WiFi constantly drops for no apparent reason, and the AX211 driver often crashes, causing the WiFi icon in Windows to disappear. Each time, I have to go into Device Manager, disable and then re-enable AX211 to make it restart. Sometimes, one restart is not enough, and I have to restart it twice for it to be successful. In the Windows Event Viewer, there are consistently reports of three errors: 5001, 5010, and 5006.

Moreover, I've noticed that when my computer is running some resource-intensive tasks, it is more prone to issues. For example, when compiling a large program or playing certain video games. Even during normal computer usage, occasionally, it encounters problems. For instance, if I leave it on overnight without shutting down, the AX211 in Device Manager has already stopped working when I check the next day.

yhgu2000_0-1701510159142.pngyhgu2000_1-1701510179455.pngyhgu2000_2-1701510188511.pngyhgu2000_3-1701510200624.png

I have reinstalled the driver for 3 times, but this problem just becomes more and more serious! I'm using the latest driver, version 22.250.1.2

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @yhgu2000

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool, hence; the translation may not be completely accurate.  

We understand you are experiencing issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 (Gig+) and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Please answer the following:

·      Is this issue happening at home, office environment or both?

·      Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?

·      Have you rebooted your access-point, router, modem?

·      Have you modified any WiFi adapter settings before issue appears?

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
yhgu2000
Beginner
  1. Both.
  2. Yes.
  3. Yes.
  4. No.

I wonder if the network card has any logs and tools to check them? Maybe then I can find more clues to the cause of the problem.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello yhgu2000

Thank you for providing that useful information.

We highly recommend performing a clean installation of the OEM driver, you can download the file from here: Intel WLAN Driver

Here are the instructions:

a.              Go to Device Manager.

b.              Expand the Network Adapters category.

c.              Right-click your Intel Wireless Adapter and choose to uninstall it.

d.              Make sure to the option to Delete the driver software for this device is selected.

e.              Repeat steps A through D until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

f.                Restart the computer.

g.              Locate the driver you just downloaded, Right-click it, and select the option to Run as administrator.

Regarding your question about the logs, you can check the Windows Event Viewer.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello yhgu2000

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to clean install the OEM driver? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Jose B.   

0 Kudos
yhgu2000
Beginner

I have clean installed the OEM driver yesterday. Please give me some time to make sure this problem has gone. It doesn't always happen.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello yhgu2000

Thank you for following our steps.

Absolutely, we can follow up on 12/19/2023. Please keep us updated in case something happens.  

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
yhgu2000
Beginner

Unfortunately, this problem still exists! Here are some logs saved from Windows Event Viewer. I hope they can help.

0 Kudos
ico31
Beginner

I have almost the same issue with the same wifi adapter model Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-R-Wi-Fi-6E-AX211-160MHz-driver-keeps-stopping-code-14/m-p/1552641. The driver will just stop code 14 and I have to restart.

Intel should seriously look into this.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello yhgu2000

Thank you for your reply.

We are sorry to hear that the issue persisted. Please allow us to investigate the issue internally, as soon as we have any update we will let you know.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello yhgu2000

Thank you for patiently waiting.

There is a new driver for your adapter, please perform a clean installation: Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

After that, please make sure you follow this article: Recommended Settings for 802.11ax Connectivity

Could you please confirm if your router has the latest firmware? (You may need to contact the system manufacturer).

Finally, please update your Windows to the latest version: Start > Settings > Windows Update.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
yhgu2000
Beginner

Nah, clean installation of the newest driver doesn't help. I have confirmed that I'm using the recommended settings. I'm also sure that this problem has noting to do with the routers, because I have used my laptop on many different WiFi networks (routers) and this problem occurs regardless.

I think I know why the WiFi is automatically disconnecting. When this issue occurs, a large number of errors such as 5002, 5005, 5032, and 5055 are generated. When these errors accumulate to a certain extent, perhaps due to storage exhaustion, the driver crashes, and a yellow exclamation mark appears on the AX211 in the Device Manager.

Could it be a hardware problem? Maybe my WiFi card is defective? It's worth noting that this problem only arises under heavy load, so is it possible that the motherboard is experiencing problems, such as power shortages? If that so, I will send this **bleep**ty computer back to HP for repairs.

The attachment is some more logs saved from Windows Event Viewer.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello yhgu2000

Thank you for the information provided.

After checking the log files, and the troubleshooting performed so far, we determined that the issue could be related to card itself as you mentioned. So, we highly recommend contacting the system manufacturer for further assistance.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos