Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7585 Discussions

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz far too slow

mseder
Novice

Hi

I have an almost new computer (desktop), se attached SSU report.

The AX211 reaches at maximum 100Mbit/s, normaly 80,  while 2 different laptops and my mobile standing in the same spot reaches close to 500Mbit/s. All running towards the 5Ghz SSID

I just installed the latest driver (Intel Driver and support assistant) and ran a system scan and drive check with no remarks.

I bought the computer about 2 months with everything installed.

I actually can't say if this if it's a new problem but most probably not as nothing is changed, except windows updates, graphic card updates and today the driver version for this card.

Using Mobile hotspot do not help.  neither moving the computer away some meters.
The router tells these are the available modes: 802.11 a and n and ac.

Windows 11

Br
Mats Sederholm

0 Kudos
17 Replies
3Fees
New Contributor I

What Gen Wifi router are you using ? AC or AX or AXE , Wifi 5, Wifi 6, Wifi 6E. Intel AX 211 is a Wifi 6E ( with 6 Ghz band) card and may not play nice with Wifi 5 routers. Wifi 5 AC routers dont support the enhanced features of Wifi 6 and Wifi 6E network cards.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
mseder
Novice

Hi 3Fees

Thanks for the input.
One of the laptops that works actually has a 6E card and ax. So the router 5ghz seem to make friend with this kind of card.

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Hi:

Interesting yet not up to speed.  Intel ax cards connect to wifi 6 routers at 160Mhz, AC wifi routers max at 80Mhz, your putting regular gasoline in a motor that requires premium plus wifi 6 has many other advantages over wifi 5- ac. Windows or M$ 10 is suited to wifi 5 Windows 11 wifi 6 support.

I'm running Intel 201AX card and was using a good quality AC router and my  connection speed was not good, got a wifi 6 router now connected at 1.2GBs and can connect to 2.4Gbs by upping the connection speed in the wifi 6 gui. Do yourself a flavor and get a wifi 6 or 6E router to unleash your network your connection speed problems will be over.

Your all Welcome

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
mseder
Novice

Still no response from Intel!

The router can handle 6E adapters as already mentioned.

Since last time I bought myself a USB adapter and doubled the speed.
I also tried to adjust the atennas and that helped out a bit.

My plan is to make a Ethernet connection to the router and skip these problems.
It just consumes to much energy.

Unless someone can come up with any troubleshooting

Mats

0 Kudos
mseder
Novice

Also on the MSI forum I was given a reference to Intel drivers so we're back to square 1
Drivers installed but card is not fast enough

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello mseder,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 (Gig+).  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the brand and model name of your router/AP?

2. DId you try updating the BIOS version (7E06v16, 2023-05-22)?

3. Did you try with the drivers from MSI (22.180.0.4)?

4. Is the Bluetooth working properly?

5. Did you check with MSI to confirm if there is any malfunction with the card?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
mseder
Novice

Hi Deivid

1. What is the brand and model name of your router/AP?
SagenCom F@st 5370e
https://www.telia.se/dam/jcr:238dd37a-8afa-4bdc-9c96-8778acb46ed2/Produktblad_Fast5370e.pdf

2 DId you try updating the BIOS version (7E06v16, 2023-05-22)?
No, where do I find it?

3. Did you try with the drivers from MSI (22.180.0.4)?
No. But, shouldn't Intels own drivers for their own product which I just installed be the best one?

4. Is the Bluetooth working properly?
I donät know, how do I check that?

5. Did you check with MSI to confirm if there is any malfunction with the card?
No, I assume Intel would be the best source to know the status of their own product?

Mats

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello mseder, 

Thanks for the confirmation. Bear in mind that our drives are generic and the drivers from MSI are customized to work perfectly with their unit since they can add/remove/block features based on their needs.

You can access the wireless drivers and BIOS in the following link. However, I recommend you check with MSI for the proper steps to install their updates.

Also, try to get in contact with MSI so they can run the test needed on their board to confirm any issues with their system.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
mseder
Novice

Ok Deivid, I'll check things out with MSI

Thanks so far

Mats

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello mseder, 

Thanks for your response. I understand that will check this issue with the manufacturer so they can run the tests needed for their computer.

I will proceed to close this thread, however, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
mseder
Novice

Well

From my perspective issue is not solved, I let you now if this has anything to do with MSI.

Mats

0 Kudos
mseder
Novice

Regarding drivers for card MSI seem to refer to

Intel Network Drivers

Intel WIFI Driver

Is that the same as the drivers of yours or?

I've also started a thread on their forum asking "who has the drivers for the Intel AX211 on a MSI Desktop"

Mats

0 Kudos
mseder
Novice

Also the moderator on the MSI forum answered my question regarding what drivers I should use

"Strait from Intel"

Mats

0 Kudos
fforcezero
Novice

Hi,

Did you find a solution for your issue? I have the exact same problem on my LG Gram.

François

0 Kudos
mseder
Novice

Hi

No I didn't, well as I wrote earlier "My plan is to make a Ethernet connection to the router and skip these problems.
It just consumes to much energy". That is how I solved it and reached the expected riuter speed 400 MB.

I have run every update since March when I bought the computer except installing a new BIOS. But can't see how that suddenly can increse the speed with 100%

Mats

0 Kudos
fforcezero
Novice

Hey,

I'm planning on doing the same thing and just plug the computer on Ethernet.

This is such as shame for a company like Intel not to be able to fix a really important issue like this one.

Also, it seems that the problem occur on various brands. Your computer is an MSI, but mine is an LG Gram and I saw many posts regarding Samsung PCs.

So yes, I don't see how a BIOS update would magically fix the issue. It's purely an Intel-related problem.

François

0 Kudos
Davidfi01
New Contributor I

Yes - I left everything - channel selection, channel width, etc. to automatic except preferred band set to " 5 and 6 ghz".  Also used 2.5 gb/sec ports from router to ap.

With latest drivers on WiFi, average 680 mbs on wireless adapter, versus 1 gb on hardwired computer port.  Using AX connection on 5ghz wireless.

0 Kudos