Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7451 Discussions

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 stopped working on Windows 11

AdamKingston
Novice
  • Motherboard: B660M GAMING X AX DDR4 (1.x)
  • Wifi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200
  • Problem: No WiFi device detected. That used to work but it stopped a few days ago and I can't figure it out why.

I have a ticket open with Gigabyte. I installed the drivers they advised: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B660M-GAMING-X-AX-DDR4-rev-1x/support#support-dl-driver-wlanbt

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant doesn't detect the wifi card either.

Windows event viewer / Application and Services Logs / Microsoft / Windows / WLAN Auto Config / The last mention of the wifi is on 24/09/2023 with below. Nothing after that.

Wireless security succeeded.

Network Adapter: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
Interface GUID: {XXXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXX}
Local MAC Address: B0:A4:xx:xx:xx:xx
Network SSID: XXXXXXXXX
BSS Type: Infrastructure

Any help appreciated. Currently using ethernet as a workaround.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello AdamKingston,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I want to understand what happened just as much as you do. To have a better view of this behavior, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Are you using the antennas that came with the wireless adapter?

2. Did you make any changes to the BIOS recently?

3. What is the BIOS version installed?

4. Do you see any error in the device manager? Or, do you see any "unknown device" in the device manager?

5. Just to confirm, did the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth just disappear from the BIOS and/or task bar?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello AdamKingston, 

I am following up to confirm if you still have an issue with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (Gig+) or if Gigabyte was able to give any information.

If you still need my assistance, do not hesitate to let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
AdamKingston
Novice

Hi,

1. Are you using the antennas that came with the wireless adapter?

Yes

2. Did you make any changes to the BIOS recently?

I only updated BIOS to the latest version after the problem. Requested by Gigabyte support.

3. What is the BIOS version installed?

F26

4. Do you see any error in the device manager? Or, do you see any "unknown device" in the device manager?

Currently the device has an exclamation mark next to it with an error: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31) The request is not supported.

5. Just to confirm, did the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth just disappear from the BIOS and/or task bar?

The device was never (as far as I know) in the BIOS. Disappeared from Windows.

I would like to run a livecd with another OS or install another OS on a separate harddisk to see if this is a Windows problem or the hardware problem.

Is there anything I can do? Is there any Intel application that can detect the device?

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello AdamKingston, 

Thanks for your response. Based on your issue, I would like you to try the following:

1. Restart your computer if you haven't done so already. The Code 31 error could be sourced from a temporary memory glitch.

2. Try a clean install of the Intel drivers:

3. Try a Cold reboot of the system after reinstalling the driver. This refers to fully shutting down the device and removing all sources of power, including batteries if applicable, and then repowering.

4. Reinstall the device driver using the Hardware Update wizard:

• From Start, search for Device Manager and select Device Manager from the results.
  • Right-click the device in the list.
  • On the menu that appears, choose Update Driver to start the Hardware Update wizard.

5. Restore the system from the restore point. If the wireless network problem happened recently, and if you have ever created a restore point or there is an automatic system restore, try to restore the computer to a point before the problem began.

6. If none of the steps worked, I recommend you try a fresh installation of Windows.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello AdamKingston, 

I want to know if the steps provided were useful for you or if the issue persists. Please let me know if you need additional assistance.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
AdamKingston
Novice

Hi,

After installing a new Windows 11 on a new hard drive the Wi-Fi is working fine and the Wi-Fi card is being detected. So, it's a Windows issue.

Thanks for your advice.

AdamKingston
Novice

Weirdly after connecting back the original SSD the Wi-Fi started to work and Intel drivers updated themselves automatically. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello AdamKingston, 

Thanks for your response. I am glad to know that the issue was solved by installing a new Windows 11 on a new hard drive and now the Wi-Fi works.

I will proceed to close this thread, however, you can open a new one in case you need further support or if you face any issues with our products.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos