Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7447 Discussions

Intel Wifi 6 Ax200 Causes Router To Reset Every 30mins - 1hour

KPC-Integrations
Beginner

So I was having problems with my ISPs router dropping the SSID and resetting. The SSID would come back up and then eventually reconnect but the problem would keep happening. I narrowed it down to this problem only happening when my motherboard's built in AX200 adapter was connected to the router. On the same computer with the same drivers and settings, I disabled the AX200 in Device Manager and used an old Wireless N USB Adapter from Netgear and the problem went away. I know it's not the wifi # difference because my wife has a Windows 11 laptop with a Wi-Fi 6 ax network adapter as well and that computer doesn't give the router any problems.

Can anybody tell me what's going on? Or how to find out what the problem is? I've been in communication with my ISP and they helped me narrow it down to the AX200 adapter. They tried updating the router firmware and had the highest level techs looking at the router logs, but they couldn't see anything weird. They also verified signal levels(Fiber) and replaced the Gateway twice. Could it be an advanced setting I set or possibly a driver bug? I was on the Windows Update provided newest 22.190.something. I uninstalled the device and I'm going to try installing drivers from scratch but we'll see if that helps. I've just never heard of an adapter crashing a Gateway before.

Update: I uninstalled the drivers in Device Manager, uninstalled the device, update motherboard bios, and reinstalled drivers with the Intel Update Tool. Seems to be working for now, but still curious as to what was happening...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

KPC-IntegrationsThank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that after uninstalling the drivers in Device Manager, uninstalling the device, updating motherboard bios, and reinstalling drivers with the Intel Update Tool the issue seems to be fixed.

In reference to your question, about what was happening, the source of the problem commonly is related to updating the device, especially the BIOS, which is very important. The same goes for the wireless drivers and all the possible Windows* updates available, which we always recomned to install.

Hopefully, the problem will not come back but, if it does, in order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, please provide the following details:

What is the model of the Router?

Is this a new computer?

Was the AX200 working fine before without dropping/resetting the wireless connection on this specific machine?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Just to make sure, the wireless card, did you purchase it separately or did it come installed on the computer?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello KPC-Integrations, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello KPC-Integrations

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos