Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7578 Discussions

Intel Wireless Bluetooth update fails to install

MarkOBrien
Beginner

Hello,

I have a laptop running Windows 10 Home 22H2 64 bit.  It has an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265.  I understand Intel no longer support this product. 

Internet and Bluetooth appear to be working properly. 

The Intel Driver and Support Assistant keeps informing me that there is an update available for Intel Wireless Bluetooth Windows 10 and 11.  When I download the update and request installation, I get the message “Are you sure you want to upgrade from version 20.100.10.3 to version 22.250.02?”  I click Yes, but the install always fails with the message “This software package cannot be installed on your system.” 

I have three questions:

1. Is there anything to be gained by installing this update?
  2. If so, how can I get the install to work?
  3. If not, how can I stop the Intel Driver and Support Assistant continually notifying me of an update that another piece of Intel software refuses to install?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @MarkOBrien 

The BT driver version 22.250.02 should be not offered by the IDSA for AC 7265 adapter.  This is IDSA bug. Please read the the Notes in the description in the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® version 22.250.0 Driver:

Wireless products Intel® Wireless 7265 Family (Rev.C), Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and Intel® Wireless 7260 Family adapters have been End-of-Life (EOL) and drivers are no longer available."

In order to stop IDSA from false notification you about this update, hide this notification.

Leon

0 Kudos
MarkOBrien
Beginner

Thank  you.  I have hidden that update notification forever.

0 Kudos