Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel connectivity performance suite 21.23.294 installation fails

sappersix
Novice

I am attempting a clean install of the Intel Connectivity Performance Suite v21.23.294.

Installshield reports, "The wizard was interrupted before Intel Connectivity Performance Suite could be completely installed".

I followed the instructions at this (now closed) thread.  I manually uninstalled the two driver files (icpsextension and icpscomponent). ICPS was already uninstalled (I looked in both Settings->Apps->Installed Apps and Control Panel->Programs and Features->Uninstall or change a program to be sure). I rebooted my machine.

Upon reboot, I attempted to install ICPS with the same failed result.

What other troubleshooting steps can I try?

My setup
hp Spectre x360 13.5
Windows 11 Home 22H2 (OS build: 22621.1344)
Intel i7-1255U, 16GB RAM
Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211 (driver: 22.200.0.6)
Intel Wireless Bluetooth (driver: 22.200.0.2)

0 Kudos
15 Replies
John666
Beginner

I have the same issue as well.

0 Kudos
GChen33
Novice

I'm also experiencing this....I uninstalled the previous version and manually removed the drivers as the OP did, which didn't help at all, installation still fails. I had to reinstall the previous version (21.22.1168), which still does install OK.

0 Kudos
GChen33
Novice

One thing I noticed is that the new release is half the size of any of the previous releases. Perhaps some essential component was left out by mistake in the package, causing this error?

0 Kudos
sappersix
Novice

Thanks @GChen33. Unfortunately, that didn't work for me.

Latest behavior update on my machine.

(1) As I was waiting for some suggestions from this thread, Windows update installed the ICPS component and extension automatically.

sappersix_0-1678467545863.png
Published Name: oem16.inf
Original Name: icpscomponent.inf
Provider Name: Intel Corporation
Class Name: SoftwareComponent
Class GUID: {5c4c3332-344d-483c-8739-259e934c9cc8}
Driver Version: 08/23/2022 1.1122.823.2
Signer Name: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Published Name: oem15.inf
Original Name: icpsextension.inf
Provider Name: Intel Corporation
Class Name: Extension
Class GUID: {e2f84ce7-8efa-411c-aa69-97454ca4cb57}
Extension ID: {22d4d930-0ff9-4dab-a3e6-dc69be9b7d72}
Driver Version: 01/12/2022 1.1122.112.3
Signer Name: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

(2) I then tried to install the previous version (21.22.1168) as GCHen33 suggested. Same failed installation.

(3) I then manually removed the drivers installed by Windows Update, checked to make sure there was nothing in Installed Apps, and rebooted. I then tried to install the previous version. It failed again.

So there is something that is completely preventing the installation of ICPS on my machine.

If anyone from Intel is monitoring this thread, I'm happy to help troubleshoot

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello sappersix,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 (Gig+).  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the exact brand and model name of your laptop?

2. Why do you need to download this version?

3. Were you able to install the "Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite for Intel® Wireless Products" before or any old driver version?

Also bear in mind the following:

• This software only works on specific Intel® Evo™ or Intel vPro® platforms with Intel® Wi-Fi 6/6E (or greater) products.
  • This download is for specific Intel® platforms licensed for the use of Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite software. The software installation verifies the system requirement and informs you if the requirement is not met.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
sappersix
Novice

Hi Deivid. Thanks for the response. Responses below. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

1. What is the exact brand and model name of your laptop?

hp Spectre x360 13.5, model# 14-ef0013dx, product number 66B40UA#ABA

2. Why do you need to download this version?

This all started when I tried the Intel Driver & Support Assistant. I read there were improved Bluetooth drivers from Intel that I was hoping would solve some of my bluetooth audio instability. I decided to try DSA. DSA successfully downloaded and installed updates for Bluetooth, Graphics, and WiFi. It failed on ICPS.

Once it failed, I tried various troubleshooting steps, including the steps posted by a moderator in the link I included when I started this thread, which included removing the software. Now, I cannot reinstall the software.

3. Were you able to install the "Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite for Intel® Wireless Products" before or any old driver version?

My PC shipped with ICPS. However, Intel DSA tried to upgrade the installation and failed.

Since then, I have tried to install the current version (21.23.294), the previous version (21.22.1168) and the installer from the hp support site (2.1022.831.5 Rev.A). None complete successfully.

This software only works on specific Intel® Evo™ or Intel vPro® platforms with Intel® Wi-Fi 6/6E (or greater) products.

Yes. My PC is a certified EVO platform machine.

This download is for specific Intel® platforms licensed for the use of Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite software. The software installation verifies the system requirement and informs you if the requirement is not met.

Yes. The software was previously installed on my system. Intel DSA tried to upgrade it and failed. That's where my problem started.

I have never received a message informing me that my system requirement is not met. The installer imply says, "The wizard was interrupted before Intel Connectivity Performance Suite could be completely installed".

Thanks for the response and I would appreciate your help in resolving this issue.

David

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello sappersix, 

Thanks for the information provided. I would like you to try the following:

1. Based on the "Important Notice", you need to install the latest Wi-Fi drivers:

2. Based on the "Important Notice", you need to install the "Intel® Management Engine Drivers for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11":

3. Try to install the "Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite for Intel® Wireless Products":

4. Since the original driver came installed, check with HP to confirm if our generic driver is compatible with their system or if they have a version of this driver.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
sappersix
Novice

Thanks Deivid.

I tried all the steps you outlined, but have the same unsuccessful result.

1. Based on the "Important Notice", you need to install the latest Wi-Fi drivers:

My drivers were already the latest version (22.200.0.6), but I followed the instructions to uninstall and reinstall the WiFi Drivers. Success.

sappersix_1-1678906963607.png

2. Based on the "Important Notice", you need to install the "Intel® Management Engine Drivers for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11":

The IME drivers were already present on my machine, but I followed the instructions to install IME. Success

3. Try to install the "Intel® Connectivity Performance Suite for Intel® Wireless Products":

I executed the installer for ICPS. I received the same error.

sappersix_0-1678906787104.png

4. Since the original driver came installed, check with HP to confirm if our generic driver is compatible with their system or if they have a version of this driver.

I have a support case open with hp and will report back.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello sappersix, 

Thanks for the confirmation. In order to investigate this issue, please provide the following:

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
sappersix
Novice

Deivid,

I've attached the output from Intel SSU.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
GChen33
Novice

It looks like they pulled the download, only 21.22.1168 is available now.

I inspected the installer for 21.23.294, it unpacks two separate parts, a drivers MSI and a UWP Microsoft store package for the UI. The drivers MSI installer seems to be the problem, it appears to be missing the drivers and installs nothing, hence the smaller size relative to previous releases. Without the proper drivers installation, the UWP part fails, and you get the error message.

This is also what is causing the issues with reinstalling previous releases, problems with the drivers MSI part. The older 1.1122.962.0 version registers the drivers MSI in the "Installed apps" list in windows and can be cleanly uninstalled using that. The 21.22.1168 does not and removing drivers manually does not completely fix it. To get it to reinstall again, I had to remove drivers manually and also extract the MSI and install/uninstall with the MSI which properly removes the drivers and then you can run the installer again which worked after the driver situation is fixed.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello sappersix, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
sappersix
Novice

Thank you Deivid.

Have a good weekend!

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello sappersix, 

Thanks for your patience. I would like to let you that the latest version was taken down from the website due to the report about the app presenting installation issues. 

I recommend you roll back the driver and keep an eye on our website for any future driver version release.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
sappersix
Novice

Okay. Thank you.

0 Kudos