Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7452 Discussions

Intel wifi 6 ax201 160mhz not working. Tried almost everything

Lifu1
Beginner
My intel wifi ax201 adapter keep giving me the code 10/43 error. Please refer to the full description txt file as my previous posts keep getting marked as spam
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I can only suggest that you try doing a proper clean install. Here is the process: 

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and Wireless driver packages for your adapter. Here are the current links for downloading these drivers: Wireless: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351 and Bluetooth: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18649.
  2. Most important! Disable Internet access completely. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable. Note this Wireless disable *must* be of type that will persist and stay disabled across reboots. 
  3. From the Apps & Features applet, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip forward to Step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled throughout.
  6. From the Device Manager applet, check the Network Adapters section for an entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and check the Bluetooth section for an entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth that has an Intel driver associated with it. If neither is the case, skip forward to Step 10.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Right click on the entry for Intel Wireless Bluetooth and open its properties. If it has an Intel driver associated with it, then uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  9. Go back to Step 5.
  10. Install the downloaded Bluetooth driver package (my rule: always install Bluetooth first).
  11. Install the downloaded Wireless driver package.
  12. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  13. Reenable Internet access. Restore Ethernet cable and/or reenable wireless.
  14. Test.

Note that it sometimes takes multiple uninstall (and reboot) cycles to clean out the old installations, so don't give up on the process. If you get through, say, 10 cycles, stop there and attempt the installation of the latest drivers.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Lifu1
Beginner
Hi, I've tried this method to the best of my abilities but it's not working. At step 9 when I do step 5 again, my uninstalled drivers from step 7 and 8 will be automatically reinstalled causing me to have the old versions again. Also I found out that my Bluetooth is missing from the device manager after I complete step 3 to 9. Is this supposed to be the case?
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Lifu1, 

Thank you for trying out the recommendation from one of our community members. From the symptoms, it seems you are connected to the internet when trying to do the clean installation. It is best if you disconnect from the internet first before installing to avoid automatic install of your older drivers. What I highly recommend is to use the OEM drivers for this one since this is an OEM device and it requires specific driver configuration. You may download it at this link: Intel WLAN Driver. Once downloaded, disconnect your system from the internet and install the driver. About your Bluetooth missing, were you able to refresh the scan of your system? Are there any yellow bang present in the device manager? 

Let me know if the issue still persists after doing so, I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Lifu1
Beginner
Thanks for your reply. I tried a different method. I reseted my laptop and somehow after the reset my wifi driver was still not working. Thus I thought it was a hardware error and I removed the case to inspect the wifi card. But i did not see anything wrong with the wifi card so I plugged out the 2 antennas connected to it, cleaned it abit and reconnected them. Then the wifi driver was still not working so I tried updating to the latest version 23.30.xx again and this time somehow the wifi works. I have no idea how but it has been working for the past 2 days already.
About the Bluetooth missing, i tried doing a refresh but the Bluetooth icon and everything about it has disappeared from the device manager so there was nothing I could see. After I got my wifi to work I've been too scared to use the Bluetooth and having it disappear
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Lifu1, 

Thank you for sharing this information with us. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system. However, It would be best to monitor your system first for a few days to make sure your wifi is working fine. As for the bluetooth, just to confirm, you are referring to the bluetooth connection of the ax201? Can you please give me a screenshot of the device manager where in the bluetooth is not showing up? Additionally, may I please know the link where in you installed the ASUSTek COMPUTER INC - Firmware -10.0.18362.311? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Lifu1
Beginner

Hi sorry for thr late reply. I've been monitoring the situation. So far for the past 5 days wifi seems to be working. I did not use Bluetooth. I do not understand what you mean by Bluetooth of the ax201. I currently do not have a screenshot of the Bluetooth missing because it's no longer missing. But it will look like what i send. The covered up part (which is the entire Bluetooth) will be gone from device manager 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Lifu1,

Thank you for responding back to us. I apologize for the confusion. I was just asking if only a specific component of bluetooth is missing or is it the whole Bluetooth option in your device manager. Since you mention the issue no longer exists, how is your bluetooth connection so far? Kindly please try connecting to the bluetooth, this way, we can confirm if it is fully resolved. In case the issue still appears after following the suggestion of n_scott_pearson, it would be best to reach out to your Original Equipment Manufacturer which is ASUS.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
Lifu1
Beginner
I've been using the Bluetooth for the past few days and so far there has been no issues. I think my laptop problems are gone now.
0 Kudos