Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7451 Discussions

Is the BE200 yet capable of MLO?

CCurt4
Beginner

The Windows Insider, Canary channel, just released a build with support for WiFi 7.  It states MLO is supported and I have been trying to get it to work.

My question is, does anyone know if the latest Intel driver for the BE200, 23.30.0.6, is capable of MLO and if it is, what exactly has to be enabled.  I do already have the EHT Wireless set to 802.11ax EHT.

Thanks for reading.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
VonM_Intel

Hi, CCurt4.

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

I would like to know what do you mean by MLO? Is it Machine Learning Operations (MLO) or are you referring to Multi-Link Operation (MLO)? I've conducted some preliminary research regarding the Multi-Link Operation (MLO) it says that it enables devices to simultaneously send and receive data across different frequency bands and channels. Please correct me if there are any inaccuracies. With this, Wi-Fi 7 such as BE200 supports establishing multiple links between the Station (STA, such as your phone devices) and Wi-Fi access point (AP, such as your router). 

Moreover, I would appreciate it if you could share where you found the information that the BE200 supports MLO as this will assist us in verifying the accuracy of the information.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day ahead!

Best Regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CCurt4
Beginner

MLO is the Multi-Link capability.  It is one of those things that needs certain components to be in-place before it works.  I just don't appear to have all the components.  Therefore, I am trying to verify what I do have.  I am going to assume the latest driver does support WiFi 7, so I need to look in another area.  Since I posted the question, the newer driver is now available on the Intel site and it shows WiFi 7 capabilities are dependent on Windows 11.

This is not supposed to be available to the public until Windows 24H2, which may be several more months in coming, but I am in the Windows Insider program which has released a build that they say supports WiFi 7. The BE200 is the Intel WiFi 7 Network card.  There are other versions from other OEMs.

Thanks for the response.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, CCurt4.

Thank you for sharing this information.

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once available.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
ssrjazz
Beginner

SO glad to hear that it finally hit the Canary Channel.  I'm in the Beta channel so hopefully it won't take too long to make it out that far.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hello, ssrjazz.

Thank you for getting back to us. We'll be reaching out to you via email regarding this matter, as it involves some private and confidential information.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
TabrezShaik
Novice

Hi,

I'm unable to see the support for Multi link operation in intel be 200 card, Are there any commands to enable MLO manually or by default MLO will be enabled.

I'm using Windows 24H2 Insider program OS laptop with 26100 OS build in canary channel but still it is not showing the support for MLO.

Could you please help how to make it support..?

Thanks,

Tabrez Shaik

0 Kudos
CCurt4
Beginner

@TabrezShaik The Windows Insider builds, which also now includes the DEV builds, it appears, have support for Wi-Fi 7.  You still need to be able to set it up, which normally happens in the Router.  I am currently using a Beta version of the Firmware for my router, which does have the MLO options.  So far, I have not seen my system use more than one radio at a time, but the speeds from the Windows additions do seem to produce higher Wi-Fi transfer speeds.

If you look at the properties of your Wi-Fi network, the Link speeds may show as "Aggregated link speed"

The OEMs are probably not in a big hurry to set up their devices until the MLO option is available to the public when 24H2 releases.  

0 Kudos
TabrezShaik
Novice

Hi CCurt4,

I can see Aggregated link speed in windows 24H2 with intel be 200 but my concern is when I'm sniffing the wireless packets through wireshark I'm unable to see Multi link tag in association request but the Access point which I'm using has the support of MLO i.e., I can see in beacon frame with tag Multi Link. Please help me out on this..!

Thanks

Tabrez Shaik

0 Kudos
CCurt4
Beginner

@TabrezShaik You are getting a little down in the weeds for me, I don't have that sort of experience.

What I would ask is, do you know what type of operations would cause a system to switch to MLO?  Would it be a low bandwidth install that needed it for simultaneous streaming and game playing or a high speed system that has more bandwidth than it needs.  

I was just watching a video from one of the OEMs and it showed using MLO on 5Ghz and 6Ghz radios and both were running around 35 Mbps.  The video did not mention what might be a triggering condition for the MLO.

0 Kudos
TabrezShaik
Novice

@CCurt4 I got it, Have you captured packets between the client and access point.? If it supports MLO then it should show Multi link tag at both sides( Client and access point). I can see Access Point supports MLO but client doesn't. Here Client has Intel BE 200 Card and the Access point is tplink-BE19000. If you have seen any multi link tags in sniffer packets then please explain me the scenarios how you have tried to achieve the multi link packets.

Thanks

Tabrez Shaik

0 Kudos
TabrezShaik
Novice

@VonM_Intel , If you have solution regarding the above query. Could you please help me out.?

0 Kudos