Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7452 Discussions

Jetson Xavier NX + Intel AX210NGW WIFI 6E 6Ghz

Matteo_Molinari
Beginner

my setup:
- Jetson Xavier NX, Jetpack 5.1.1, ubuntu 20.04, linux kernel 5.10
- Intel AX210NGW WIFI 6E 6Ghz
- Router netgear RAXE300 tri-band

situation:
I was able to connect to wifi 6ghz from my laptop running the same Ubuntu 20.04 and the same wifi card.
I then tried to do the same with the Jetson, I was able to follow all the tutorials with the expected results until at the end where I'm unable to see the 6ghz network from the Jetson.
I'm able to connect to 5ghz and 2.4ghz networks from the jetson with the same wifi card, just don't see 6ghz.

software limitations:
I'm unable to upgrade the linux version or firmware due to the jetpack version being already the latest.
I'm aware wifi 6ghz is plug and play with ubuntu 22, but I'm unable to install it.

software modifications:
- upgraded wpa-supplicant from 2.9 to 2.10, to enable 6ghz band
- upgraded linux wifi band registry to latest available (2023-05-03), to enable 6ghz band
- disabled Network Manager, to avoid conflict with wpa_supplicant

Tutorials followed to do so:
- raspberry wifi 6ghz tutorial
- ubuntu wifi 6ghz tutorial
- disabling of Network Manager
- how to use wpa_supplicant

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Matteo_Molinari

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Is Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 the pre-installed Wi-Fi card in your system or is it an integration that you installed (upgrade/ not the original card)? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Matteo_Molinari
Beginner
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Matteo_Molinari

Thank you for your reply. 

It is worth mentioning that Intel does not support wireless integrations (installing a different wireless adapter into your system/laptop). We recommend you speak to the Manufacturer of your equipment for support on wireless integrations and replacement parts to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of your country and support. It is important to check for compatibility with the System Manufacturer, as there could be certain cards that will not work with the system.  

For more information, read the following article under the title "Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade.

Please, keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos