Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7496 Discussions

Killer AX1675 Bluetooth is not showing in Windows 11 (but wifi works perfectly)

akirmiz
Beginner

Motherboard is MSI B650M-P.  The AX1675 works perfectly for wifi but Bluetooth is not even recognized as present in windows.

It looks like others have this based on threads from a few months ago and no clear resolution was provided by support.

I have tried the latest drivers for the card but no Bluetooth ever shows up in Windows.

There is no indication that this device should be incompatible with my motherboard (and that wifi works indicates it's not incompatible).

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Akirmiz,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

To help me further identify the problem and offer you a solution, kindly provide the following details:

• May we know who installed your WiFi card?
  • Was the Bluetooth working fine before?
  • Do you see any error codes in Device Manager?
    • Please go to Device Manager > Network Adapters > Double-click on the Bluetooth device and check the error code and error description in the General tab. Then share it with us.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
akirmiz
Beginner

Thank you for the response.

I installed the card.

Prior there was no Bluetooth on my machine at all.  I have since tried a USB Bluetooth dongle separate from the AX1675 and the USB dongle works perfectly.  The AX1675 still behaves as if it has absolutely no Bluetooth capability at all.

>Please go to Device Manager > Network Adapters > Double-click on the Bluetooth device

The AX1675 does not show up as a Bluetooth device at all, so there are no error codes to report.  The AX1675 shows up was a WiFi device and it behaves as if it was properly installed.  Wifi from it works normally, it's just like what others have posted about this card; it's as if there is no Bluetooth at all even after installing the most-updated drivers.

This led me to look at the Amazon listing for where I purchased it, and the top review post reported that the motherboard connector for this product is mis-labeled, the + and the - go to the wrong pins on the motherboard.  

I flipped the motherboard connector 180-degrees to my motherboard and Bluetooth now shows up.

Pretty shoddy quality control, but I appreciate you responding to the forums post.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Akirmiz,

Thank you so much for the response, and we are glad to hear that you have figured out the root cause of the issue.

Please let me know if you still want to keep the case open; if not, I will close it for you.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Akirmiz,

Again, please let me know if you still want to keep the case open; if not, I will close it for you.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos