Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7489 Discussions

Killer Intelligence Center *or* Killer Performance Suite

OneGrumpyDude
Beginner

I've got an Acer Predator Triton 500 SE.  It came with Killer Intelligence Center (KIC) installed.  When the Intel Driver and Support Assistant runs, it wants to install Killer Performance Suite (KPS) but that fails saying that it cannot be installed when KIC is installed.

Question is this...  Is there an advantage one over the other?  Should I uninstall KIC for KPS?

Installed KIC is 3.1121.1109.2.  I don't see anything for updating it and don't recall ever seeing any Support Assistant activity for it.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @OneGrumpyDude  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Please be aware that these are the same networking software, the Killer performance suite is the new name for it and it has newer versions (3.1422.1129.1), which is recommendable to have your system up to date.  

It is worth mentioning that its newer versions have the purpose to fix different issues, you can read the Release Notes for what's new or fixed, known issues, and supported hardware.  

Regarding the installation issue, you might need to uninstall the Killer Intelligence Center app first and then proceed with the installation. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Irwan_Intel

Sorry for the wrong post.

Best regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @OneGrumpyDude  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Please be aware that these are the same networking software, the Killer performance suite is the new name for it and it has newer versions (3.1422.1129.1), which is recommendable to have your system up to date.  

It is worth mentioning that its newer versions have the purpose to fix different issues, you can read the Release Notes for what's new or fixed, known issues, and supported hardware.  

Regarding the installation issue, you might need to uninstall the Killer Intelligence Center app first and then proceed with the installation. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @OneGrumpyDude  

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
OneGrumpyDude
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

So it turned out that the Killer Intelligence Center was blocking the Killer Performance Suite, but I also had the Killer Ethernet Performance Suite that wasn't getting updated by the Support Assistant.

I uninstalled everything Killer and let the Support Center install Killer Performance Suite (no Ethernet in title).  After that I was able to add back the Killer Intelligence Center from the Microsoft Store, and that is working as well.

So everything Intel (Killer Performance Suite, Bluetooth, and Intel ARC & IRIS WHQL drivers) is all being maintained properly by the Support Assistant now.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @OneGrumpyDude  

Thank you for the information provided. I am glad to hear that everything is working fine for you now.  

We will proceed to close this thread now but, If you need any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored, we will gladly assist you here.  

Have a nice day. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos